Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The ANL fuse holder looks like the OEM setup for the factor audio.

The 50A resetable breaker likely supplies the helm BUS. Yes, terminate to the switch C post.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    This is just not the case. You still have a chance at running the main cranking battery down, just as theres a chance with the other configuration.

In order for your stereo bank to receive any charge from the alternator when the engine is running, you would have to run with the switch in BOTH or what ever bank your amps are wired to. If running on BOTH and if you drop anchor and forget to switch from BOTH, the stereo is still drawing from both banks.

A system with the least amount of chance for the stereo to run down the cranking, would be a dual circuit plus switch an ACR. Beyond that, you would have to have a stand-alone bank.
    No this is not the case. I said I use an ACR and trust me, I've killed my stereo bank several times before I went with 6v golf cart batteries and every time my body cranks right up.

My stereo is weird to my batteries direct, even when I ran a Perko so the starter was always isolated from stereo.

My stereo has no connections to my house battery unless I combine everything. I only combine after my boat is running to show the stereo to play while charging.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    No this is not the case. I said I use an ACR and trust me, I've killed my stereo bank several times before I went with 6v golf cart batteries and every time my body cranks right up.

My stereo is weird to my batteries direct, even when I ran a Perko so the starter was always isolated from stereo.

My stereo has no connections to my house battery unless I combine everything. I only combine after my boat is running to show the stereo to play while charging.
    The OP is not running an ACR that he's indicated in this thread. Up to now, you have not indicated the use of an ACR. This makes your comments misleading and inaccurate as it pertains to the OP's setup. Your setup is quite different than what the OP is going with.

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    No I get your point, and you are right. I do mine differently but the way you are describing does allow 100% isolation when in the OFF position. That is the idea goal.

I wire mine more so its completely isolates my stereo from the starter battery. This way I never have a chance at a dead starter battery.
    I said you were right, right here, and of you wire the Perko switch like I originally said it will isolate your stereo bank just like I said above. I already said you are correct for complete isolation. Then I said I don't wire mine like that and stated why.

Yes I said I use an ACR in a previous post but I deleted it because after reading it all it did was argue a point. I'm not trying to argue this. I said you where right in this instance but that doesn't seem to be enough.
    Last edited by mmandley; 04-19-2015 at 08:24 PM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Sorry Mike, hard to comment on deleted text. Knowing you run an ARC makes it clear that a different wiring scheme is required, as well as a different mode of use.

Yes, I know that Mandley's setup is different than mine. I know he's using a different strategy. And I still find it interesting to hear how he's doing it even if I have no intention of mirroring his setup. I mean, I wouldn't copy Mandley--he likes corvettes and we all know that makes him delusional.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com