Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Selling the Z

Big congrats to you two!

I'd opt for buckets bc they are more comfortable BUT if we were in that situation, we would end up with bench, due to the youngster. Bringing the carseat to the middle of the car for safety would trump the comfort ... besides its rare we have a passenger other than our daughter these days.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

We wanted the bench and about every Suburban, Denali, Escalade, Expedition and Navigator we came across had the buckets. I mean literally 9 out of 10... I'm more a fan of the bench. They fold up easy from either side for 3rd row access.

And if you have a car seat in the center you've still got a seat on either side without resorting to the 3rd row.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by Bret Cole View Post
    Make sure to get the Expedition with the optional heavy duty trailer towing package so you can tow 9200 pounds instead of not having the optional heavy duty trailer towing package and only being able to tow 6600 pounds.
    Ah yes, good thing is all limited come with the heavy duty trailer tow package. That was one of the first things I checked.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Are you going to get the Expedition in 4 wheel drive or 2 wheel drive.
    2 wheel drive, we would never use 4 wheel drive where we live
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

So Heidi met up with a dealer who had one that had everything we wanted except it was our 2nd color choice. The other dealer that had our primary color choice did not have the options and we figured interior options trump color when it the alternate color was just a close 2nd. Here is a picture of Heidi standing next to it, she put a deposit down and we will be finalizing the paper work Tuesday. Pretty excited to get a NICE car for the first time in my life lol.

David

Default Selling the Z

So when do you plan to hook the boat up to it for the first time?
    Probably not until we get about 1,000 miles on it or so

Sent from my iPhone
    David

Default Selling the Z

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Ah yes, good thing is all limited come with the heavy duty trailer tow package. That was one of the first things I checked.
    Nice Expedition! Been considering the EL myself! Let us know how you like it as a tow vehicle after you break it in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So after a couple months of ownership and a couple thousand miles I have a short review of things I like and things I do not like on the Expedition. Vehicle is a 2015 Ford Expedition Limited.

Driving around town the Expedition is very smooth and quiet minus the electric cooling fans, but you can really only hear those from outside. The 3.5L ecoboost V6 seems to have plenty of power, I don't think I have ever even given it more than 1/2 throttle and it gets up to speed on the interstate with ease and you can hit 80 without even realizing it. It drives very smooth and they really nailed the brake pedal feel. I drove my buddies 13 F150 and it seems way too sensitive and the older GMs I have driven seem like there is a foot a travel in the pedal before it grabs. The expedition is just right. I really like the remote start but I wish the range was longer but I bet everyone wishes that. The cluster is very well laid out but I do wish I could get an actual number for the oil pressure instead of a message that reads "Good". Also the trip meter does not give you a "gallons used" fuel reading like the F150s do. I with it had this. The power 3rd row seats are awesome and the 2nd row buckets fold flat for storage and flip up for 3rd row access extremely easily. I like the audio and AC controlls in the 2nd row as well as the 110V outlet. Seems like it would be useful on road trips to power a lap top or other small home devices. The dual USB ports in the center console are also useful, I keep my Ipod plugged into one and can access it through the my ford touch and the other is free to charge mine or Heidis phone. There is also two 12V outlets in the front and one more in the 2nd row and I think one in the 3rd row if you need more power. The knobs for the radio volume and climate control feel a little cheap, I think they should have made those a little more robust.

The new head lights look nice but the color does not match the LED fog lights so when both are on it looks goofy from the outside. Also the brights are still hallogen bulbs. The turn signal has partial setting for changing lanes where it blinks 3 times and then turns off, they need to make this customizeable where you can increase the number of blinks in the settings menu. Three blinks is barely enough to get out of your current lane. The Blind spot warning system is useful but the indicator could be larger. The back up camera with zoom seems to work great, i used it one to hook up a trailer and nail it the first time. Also there is a parking lot warning system that alerts you if there is someone coming from the right or left behind you as you are backing out of your parking spot, that also seems to work great. The front parking sensor are excellent for getting it into our garage as well.

Ours came equipped with the over head sunglasses holder and I wish we would have gotten the conversation mirror. On explorers the lift gate opening height is programmable so if you are in a garage you can program it to only open so far to prevent it from hitting a garage door, not sure why they did not do this on the expedition. We cannot open the rear hatch in our garage since it is so tall it will hit the garage door. Also the TPMS does not give you live tire pressures like the GMs do, that is one thing I wish they would change. The memory key feature works great, and my wife and I both love it. It remembers seat placement, mirror placement, steering wheel place, and pedal placement and will go back and forth depending on which key you unlock the doors with. This leaves only the rear view mirror than needs to be adjusted when swapping from her to me driving.

Fuel mileage has been decent with an overall average of 17.4 mpg. We achieved 23.9 on our way back from the lake house a few weeks ago which is about 115 miles and has speed limits ranging from 55 to 75 mph but I would say the majority was spent at 65 mph. I only pulled the boat a short distance at 55 mph but it seemed to do much better than the Hemi Ram we own. Never down shifted to make it over a hill on a road where the Ram would have done it 5 or 6 times are least and it averaged 12.4 mpg.

Overall I really like the vehicle, there are a few small things I would change and I almost think we should have gotten the EL but I am happy. Looking for a rack i mount on top to hold wakeboards since the back is so small you really fit more than 2 board back there unless you fold down the 2nd row.
    David

Good review and glad it's working out well for you guys. I hear ya on the EL desires, my uncle has one and it's NICE!

We want a new SUV, I like the Expeditions but my wife likes the Suburbans but from what I've seen they are nowhere near ~$35k for a well optioned one, and that's the main reason why I bought an F-150 instead. It was nearly half the price.

Post some more pictures of the expedition when you get a chance, love the color!

pretty decent review Dave,

I noticed with my Eco that after 5K and then 15K I gained a noticeable bump in mpg. I was always mid teens and up to 17.5 to and from work.

After the 15K mark it went up to 18mpg to work and home.
    The difference was even when on the Highway I always only averaged 18-19mpg and that's keeping it under 70 all the time. Some of this might be due to my truck being 4x4 and yours being 4x2.

How ever I never got 12 towing, and while I don't doubt you got that on your test, being on flat roads will help, you can expect a realistic MPG towing your boat to be 10-11 and below 10 through hills and mountains. While the Eco doesn't lack power once you get over 2K RPM you are boosting those turbos and they will drink a lot of fuel.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]