Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Another old vid: VW Touareg vs. Full Size Duramax Diesel.

Since we're posting old vid's, I really enjoyed this one where they played tug-o-war between a Duramax Diesel and a VW Touareg diesel.

The Euro SUV owned the bro-dozer truck! LMAO! I can't imagine why the bed mounted smoke stacks didn't help the duramax to victory!!

I know which one I'd rather drive.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default Another old vid: VW Touareg vs. Full Size Duramax Diesel.

With about 2k lbs in the bed it would have ended much differently. Power to the ground or wake/wave off the boat all depends on proper ballasting!

You can tell that lift kit has impacted the axle wrap with all that wheel hop as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

I hate all these types of videos. They really just piss me off. Same as the rolling coal videos which has now brought the EPA in diesel owners faces.

I don't care if your little VW, Chevy, Ford, Ram can pull my buddies car across the road in a rug a war. This only demonstrates the idiot who lost traction first.

You want to show your ass, then do stunts like this that only beg to break drive train components.

Want to prove how bad ass your diesel is? Hook it to a real load and out pull up a hill or something.

Notice how these other cars with Diesels are not in truck pulls?

Ok rant over lol
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    You want to show your ass, then do stunts like this that only beg to break drive train components.
    I was hoping for the strap to break.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I hate all these types of videos. They really just piss me off. Same as the rolling coal videos which has now brought the EPA in diesel owners faces.

I don't care if your little VW, Chevy, Ford, Ram can pull my buddies car across the road in a rug a war. This only demonstrates the idiot who lost traction first.

Want to prove how bad ass your diesel is? Hook it to a real load and out pull up a hill or something.

Notice how these other cars with Diesels are not in truck pulls?

Ok rant over lol
    LOL. you make me laugh.

Yes, it most certainly demonstrates that there's more to the equation than just power/torque. I've always been a fan of the saying that power without traction is worthless. The Duramax most certainly had more power/torque, but the T-reg won because it could put its traction to the pavement more effectively. /tugofwar

As far as towing a load, I can humor you there too. How about the same model T-reg towing a 747:

haha!

Because power w/o traction is worthless (unless you're in a burnoff competition, then it's everything!), that's why on my Jeep I had a ton of money invested in TRACTION and pretty much NOTHING done to increase power. I had air lockers (so I could DOUBLE my traction at the flip of a switch by mechanically locking both of my differentials; as we should all know that "four wheel drive" is really 2 tire drive with open differentials). I also went with 12.50 wide tires, and then also had beadlocks so I could air down to 7psi and increase my contact patch dramatically. (another reason I laugh at running big 20" plus size wheels with 35" tires that give you basically no sidewall to increase your contact patch when you air down).

In the street world, I've driven a 700+ WHEEL horse power supercharged E46 M3 on a private road course where you basically had to keep traction control on because there was just so much power that it was almost impossible to control wheel spin otherwise. But man, it was a kick in the pants to drive!!!

But when all is said and done, I enjoyed watching a big diesel Bro-Dozer get owned by the Euro SUV. It just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Like when I am driving up to the mountain on the curvy snow-covered mountain roads and my "station wagon" with AWD and studless snow tires destroys all the SUV's and Trucks. It makes me giggle.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

And it's fun to push your buttons Mike!
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

While you're laughing at my 20" wheels are you sitting in the ridgeline with the boat hooked to it?
    -Jake

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    While you're laughing at my 20" wheels are you sitting in the ridgeline with the boat hooked to it?
    now, now, you're 20's are perfectly fine for towing. and they look badass. They just aren't optimal for adding traction offroad by airing down because of lack of sidewall was my point.

And did I compare a ridgeline with a big truck? Nope. I was comparing the 35's on my Jeep I do believe. (my Jeep that would be the suck for towing but kicks ass offroad).

I also drive an Audi Station wagon and a BMW convertible. And I guess they have just as much relevance to 20" tires on a truck as the ridgeline, right? LOL.

P.S. I'm not the only XLV owner that tows with a Ridgeline.

P.S.S. You might have noticed that having a Ridgeline meant that my Buddy in the Dodge Cummings towed the Supra to Prineville. That worked out quite nicely!
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I think I'd just hold my brakes and let the little bastard try to pull my 8k pounds. Then pop it in reverse and drive over him.

Funny I randomly just saw that exact video the other night. First thought "hold my beer, watch this"
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    And it's fun to push your buttons Mike!
    Your not pushing my buttons bro, that wasn't directed at me originally lol.

Its just these videos are the same as the type you see Boats use for Surfing. The weight in the boat is not stock, they aren't going to tell you what it really is, its optimized for the point they are trying to make.

No different then these videos, they aren't showing you the guy who mashed the skinny pedal and broke his traction.

They aren't telling you the VW is in 4x4 Low with a huge gear reduction, or anything like that. They are relying on the poor saps to think its the every day joe car that can do this.

I have watched Men strap a bus to their backs and pull it.
    I have seen a F350 diesel pull a 80K Semi
    All depends on the situation and the particulars on the event.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]