Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Camp on pool 8 of Allegheny River (Adrian, PA)

***** Thanks allot for the information! Moomba forum... always a great source of info.
    2003 Outback
    Boat name = Lynn Syndrome
    Its a condition that runs in the family...Judy Lynn (mother-in-law) Heather Lynn (wife) & Megan Lynn (daughter)...no known cure...but the boat helps
    New boat for me on 10/9/10.

Quote Originally Posted by David Analog View Post

When we ride quads, we don't stop for lunch or meet up with a larger group, so maybe I don't fully comprehend how others use their toys, but I don't get this. Who are these rear facing speakers directed at? Are they for the benefit of the person behind you?

It looks like a display for an audio store. That whole setup would be trashed if it was on the trail either by tree limbs, rocks, mud, vibration or someone putting their hand through them.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

The RZR that David posted photos of is mine, and as zabooda mentioned it's primarily used as a display vehicle out in front of our store. I built the RZR to be 100% functional in the sense that it's all water and vibration resistant and can be driven hard, but it's "more show than go" it's definitely not something that I would put a snorkel on and bury up to my chin in a pond or roll down a rock face. I have taken it out on trails, sand dunes and on a friend's land to ride some basic trails and jump some hills, but it has never been used to the extreme.

The main focus of the stereo build was really to show people a variety of possibilities all on one vehicle. I never expected someone to want to put speakers in ALL of the places that I did, but it does allow a customer to see (and hear) speakers in the kick panels, in the roof and on the roll cage. Using the WS-420SQ equalizer allows zone control just like on a boat to play the roll cage (tower), sub and cab (in-boat) speakers independently, and there are hidden level controls to isolate the kick panels only or the roof only.

It does have the amplifiers mounted in a dry location and 3 AGM batteries with a VSR and dual battery switch, so a lot of the techniques used on boats are used on this RZR.

The rear facing speakers are pretty common among the side-by-side crowds here among the guys who like to pull up at camp and sit around drinking beer and playing music. As a demo vehicle it's good for filling up a parking lot with music. The speakers are mounting on swivel clamps and can be spun around to face the cabin if you like, although that's a bit more sound that I like pointed at my head. I typically turn the roll cage zone all the way down when driving.

Someone else mentioned the Stealth soundbar and I think that's a great solution for a UTV if you want an easy sound system that stays inside the roll cage, up high, and puts out a lot of sound. The Stealth soundbar sounds best if pairs with a subwoofer, but other than the lack of bottom end it really does sound great and it's LOUD. Built in BT source makes a UTV sound system as easy as hooking up 2 wires.

Some more pics of the RZR, if anyone has questions just let me know.

Odin

2014 Polaris RZR XP1000 with 14" STI HD beadlock wheels and Rocktane 32x10" tires.

A Wet Sounds Bluetooth module and WS-420SQ equalizer/line driver, mounted overhead in the Diamond Tops roof, is used for the source and zone control

In the cabin we have a pair of JL Audio MX650CCX marine speakers, each lit up with a RGB color-changing light ring. The speakers are mounting in SSV Works kick panel pods.

Odin
    Earmark Marine

2 pair of JL Audio M770ETXv2 7.7" marine speakers are mounted to the roll cage with JL Audio's new swivel mounts (available soon, these are pre-production prototypes). These speakers are powered by a JL Audio HD600/4 amplifier.

Each speaker is lit up with RGB color-changing LED's.

Rear-facing Pro-Lights dual-row combination flood/spot LED bar.

Dual Quick-light RGB color-changing fiber optic whips.

Here you can see the front of the JL Audio M770ETXv2 speaker pods that are mounted to the roll cage.

A close-up of the prototype JL Audio swivel brackets.

Here you can see the rear of the JL Audio M770ETXv2 speaker pods that are mounted to the roll cage.

Odin
    Earmark Marine

Custom switch panels and switches control the various LED bars. The 3 stereo switches are for (a) master stereo on/off, (b) interior subwoofer and (c) rear bed subwoofer. This allows each subwoofer to be activated or deactivated individually.

Under the drivers seat is the voltage sensing relay that combines the 3 batteries when charging or when needed, and separates the batteries into 2 banks for normal use. Dual stereo batteries and a single cranking/LED bar battery.

3 XS Power batteries are mounted under the drivers seat. Dual MX750 batteries for the stereo system and a MX950 for the engine and LED bars. Battery bank control is handled by a voltage sensing relay and battery isolation switch.

All wires are carefully concealed within the roll cage. Any point of entry is carefully concealed and all wires are covered by flexible shielding and heat shrink.

Odin
    Earmark Marine

A close-up of the front bumper lights. The outside diamond lights are Pro-Lights floods and the LED bar is a spot. Combined with the Polaris HID headlights it really lights up the road.

Here you can see a close-up of the Pro-Lights LED bar. This is a high quality light using CREE LED emitters. The outside 8 LED's on each side are floods and the inside LED's are spots.

A close-up of the rear LED bar billet mounting bracket.

Odin
    Earmark Marine

A close-up of the front LED bar, mounted using the factory mounting points for the Diamond Tops roof (no new holes drilled).

The front lit up!

The rear lit up!

A close-up of the QuickLight fiber optic LED whip removable base.

Odin
    Earmark Marine

NICE Odin! Great work.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Man that is one awesome boat,,,, eh, UTV.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...