Default Wiring tutorial?

First off let me say all this 2/4 ohm bridging etc. terminology is like greek to me. However, I'm pretty good at following step by step instructions.

I'm running 2 JL Audio M600/6 amps. I have the Kicker KM6500.2 tower set up, 6 cabin speakers and 1 sub.

It would be awesome if you could give me instructions on the best way to wire these for optimal performance.
    2008 Mobius LSV, Z5, Gravity ballast, wakeplate

Quote Originally Posted by slicks View Post
    First off let me say all this 2/4 ohm bridging etc. terminology is like greek to me. However, I'm pretty good at following step by step instructions.

I'm running 2 JL Audio M600/6 amps. I have the Kicker KM6500.2 tower set up, 6 cabin speakers and 1 sub.

It would be awesome if you could give me instructions on the best way to wire these for optimal performance.
    'Impedance' is like DC resistance except that it is AC frequency dependent. So for now as an easy model just think of impedance as resistance.
    Two equal resistors (speakers) in parallel will halve the resistance.
    Any two resistors in series will sum the resistance.
    Bridging will be the equivalent current draw to stereo at half the resistance. So a 4-ohm bridged load will pass as much current as a 2-ohm stereo load. Either would be the minimum acceptable resistance.

The sub, provided it is no less then a 4-ohm load, will consume two bridged channels. You must confirm your subwoofer voice coil configuration.
    The six cabin speakers will consume at minimum four channels. That would be two cockpit speakers in parallel per each of two channels and two dedicated channels running two bow speakers.
    The Kicker tower speaker midbass driver and the horn tweeter are in parallel.....but, they do not halve the resistance because they have a passive crossover that dictates they are not covering the same frequency regions. Remember we are in the realm of AC impedance and not truly DC resistance.
    If you have one pair of midbass drivers and one pair of horns, you can bridge four channels into two to drive these four paralleled speakers (two speakers per two bridged channels). This leaves you two available and unused channels. In that case, you could run all six in-boat coaxials off dedicated channels.
    But if you have four tower midbass drivers, the wiring will change. More on that if in fact you do have four 6.5" on the tower.
    Last edited by David Analog; 04-12-2015 at 10:20 AM.

Thank you!

After doing some research/thinking, my plan is to run the sub off of two bridged channels, two pairs of cockpit in parallel on two channels and the two bow speakers on the remaining two channels of one amp. Then run the towers off of four bridged channels on the other amp. This will allow my to connect a remote level control knob to independently control the volume in the cockpit while leaving the tower speakers louder for wake distance listening.

Does this sound like a decent plan?
    2008 Mobius LSV, Z5, Gravity ballast, wakeplate