Default Dry Box for carring trailer lug wrench?

So I was thinking that it might be a cool idea for there to be some kind of storage on the trailer to just carry a couple things. Like a lug wrench and sockets for changing a tire. Obviously something would have to be waterproof or quite water resistant so your tools didn't waste away. And maybe a lock on it. My new trailer wheels need a thin wall socket. and I'm also planning on putting splined lug bolts on the wheels so a key would also have to be carried... Stuff I wouldn't want to be without if we were using a different tow rig and had to change a tire.

I'm thinking something like an Ammo box or a dry box of some kind might work. I'd hate to have a flat and be driving a different tow rig and not have the proper tools with the trailer where they belong. I guess storing stuff in the boat could work too.

What do you guys do? Or do you only ever use one tow rig and keep your stuff in it?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Carry your wheel key in the boat and carry a socket set that you can use for your wheels and anything else on the boat.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I carry a tool box under the glove box in the boat. Has all my boat specific tools as well as trailer stuff like chocks if I need to change a trailer wheel. I can basically do damn near anything mechanical with my tools on board. I also carry spare crap too, like hose clamps, a length of radiator hose, impellar, etc...

sorry, got carried away. Neat idea, probably easier just to throw it in the boat.
    2007 LSV

Small lowprofile truck tool box that fits neatly in the hollow along the seat from the cubby hole.
    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...418&ajaxhist=0

Contains all listed above and more. (packing, packing tools/hooks, etc).
    2017 Moomba Craz
    400 Indmar Rapter 6.2L
    "X-ceeding Limits"

2004 Supra 22 Launch SSV-crushed by a massive oak tree. RIP 4/1/2023
    325 Indmar Assault 320 HP
    "One more hour"

How much do you really plan to put in the box?

If just a lug wrench and a few small pieces, how about a folding style like this.

Get a piece of black PVC that is just big enough it will fit inside along with your other items and then use either screw on or push on caps.

(picture a homemade pipe bomb)

Mount it wherever you can find that is subtle or unnoticed. Even paint it to match.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Mount it wherever you can find that is subtle or unnoticed.
    with zip ties!

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    How much do you really plan to put in the box?

If just a lug wrench and a few small pieces, how about a folding style like this.

Get a piece of black PVC that is just big enough it will fit inside along with your other items and then use either screw on or push on caps.

(picture a homemade pipe bomb)

Mount it wherever you can find that is subtle or unnoticed. Even paint it to match.
    Not a bad idea. I got this one:

It's telescoping and came with the thin wall reversible sockets.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I think if done right a couple 50cal ammo boxes bolted to the inside of the frame rails at the front of the trailer (painted to match of course) would look pretty sweet and be functional too!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I just keep a small tool box in the truck under the backseat. I've got a folding lug wrench like the one above, ratchet straps and a smattering of other tools.
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost