Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by JHutch View Post
    Will I need to run more speaker wire for the Kicker HLCD? I only have 2 wires on my tower now. If so how difficult is that?
    The Kicker KMS67/KM6500.2 (new number/old number) only requires two 2 conductor wires. So when you say you only have 2 wires, I gather its a pair of 2-conductor. Thats all you need, providing they are of adequate gauge for the proper wattage.

Quote Originally Posted by JHutch View Post
    Will I need to run more speaker wire for the Kicker HLCD? I only have 2 wires on my tower now. If so how difficult is that?
    You will be able to use the same pair of wires that you're using now. The only thing you'll have to do is run a short lead from the old can to the new can. I'm doing a similar thing on mine. Basically I'll use the run of wire that goes to the existing can, connect that to the midrange. then run a short new lead that goes from the first can, up into the tower, and down a hole that I'll drill into the tower clamp of the new can and connects to the horn tweeter. So the mid will have the original wires connected to the pos/neg, and also another short wire that goes from that speaker to the 2nd can for the horn. Shouldn't be too hard.

Basically think of the kicker setup as being the same thing as a coaxial speaker, but the mid and the tweet happen to be in two separate cans.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com