Default amp wiring instructions

I have a jbl ma 6004 4 channel amp and want to run 6 speakers and a sub. I'm thinking ill run 4 speakers off the radio and use the amp for the front 2 speakers and the sub.
    I understand how to wire the amp for this but my question is how do i wire the input on the front of the amp?
    Do I double up on one of the 4 speaker wires and input that into the front of the amp in the input slot?
    how else can i give the amp the input?
    thanks for the help.
    michael winger..

You need RCA cables for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwinger View Post
    I have a jbl ma 6004 4 channel amp and want to run 6 speakers and a sub. I'm thinking ill run 4 speakers off the radio and use the amp for the front 2 speakers and the sub.
    I understand how to wire the amp for this but my question is how do i wire the input on the front of the amp?
    Do I double up on one of the 4 speaker wires and input that into the front of the amp in the input slot?
    how else can i give the amp the input?
    thanks for the help.
    michael winger..
    If I was you I would bridge the rear channels for the Sub.

Then Combine your Cabin 4 speakers to run at 2 ohm and run those on the front channels.

Hook your Bow speakers to the HU.

This way the bulk of your power is in the Cabin where you spend the most amount of you time.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    If I was you I would bridge the rear channels for the Sub.

Then Combine your Cabin 4 speakers to run at 2 ohm and run those on the front channels.

Hook your Bow speakers to the HU.

This way the bulk of your power is in the Cabin where you spend the most amount of you time.
    I agree. this is definitely the way to go. Deck power is usually weak and you want to run as little as possible off the deck if you can help it. so just the bow speakers off the deck is definitely how I'd do it.

Does your deck have front/rear/sub outputs? If so the rear RCA outputs would go to the "front" input on the amp, and the sub rca output from the deck would go to the "rear" input on the amp. (really doesn't matter which you use on the amp honestly as long as you have the crossovers of the amp set for the cabin speakers and the sub respectively. If you can wire it this way, you should be able to use your fader to fade the bow vs. main cabin, and then use the subwoofer level adjustment to adjust the sub's output.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

thanks guys. I'll do exactly that. appreciate the help..
    2007 moomba mobius lsv indmar assault mpi 325