Thread: cargo bimini

Default cargo bimini

I would like to buy cargo bimini for my 2007 lsv. I would like to know two things. Can i close the cargo bimini or it always open. Where is the best place to buy it safely on the web. Thank you

I have the Z5 for my 08 LSV. It does not collapse but very strong. Easily stores inside the boat for travel if you don't want to leave it connected. Luckily it came with the boat when I bought it cause their not cheap. Have see Them on eBay

http://www.z5sportracks.com
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

I have the Monster Cargo Bimini. it's way more affordable than the z5. Just last night I modified mine to be more of a "quick release" on the fabric so that it'll come off the frame easily. I plan to just use the frame w/o the fabric when i want full sun. Because I use it a lot to carry nice surf boards, I also modified it to have bungees across the two padded crossbars so that when you take off the fabric, I can still carry boards.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default cargo bimini

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I have the Monster Cargo Bimini. it's way more affordable than the z5. Just last night I modified mine to be more of a "quick release" on the fabric so that it'll come off the frame easily. I plan to just use the frame w/o the fabric when i want full sun. Because I use it a lot to carry nice surf boards, I also modified it to have bungees across the two padded crossbars so that when you take off the fabric, I can still carry boards.
    Pic of the bungees please....
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    Only if you excuse the fact that they're a little "ghetto fabulous".

(hint: I used *gasp* zip ties)

It was something I literally threw together last night using improvised materials that were laying around. I had ideas for a more permenent solution that was more elegant, but in the end, I just wanted the shiz to work and most people won't notice black zip ties around black sunbrella fabric...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default cargo bimini

If it is a reliable solution it is an acceptable solution.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

If it is a reliable solution it is an acceptable solution.
    Sounds good. I will try to get pics when I can. In the meantime, imagine a long bungee that's secured to the crossbar at each end, and also at two places in the middle to mimic the Monster cargo bimini bungee configuration, just with the bungees attached directly to the padded crossbar.

Like I said, it was done with stuff I had laying around. I just knotted each end of the bungee, then secured each end to the crossbar with a pair of zip ties. Since I didn't want the zip ties to cut the bungee, I sheathed the pair of zip ties with a couple inches of 3/8" black rubber fuel hose I had laying around. Then I did the same thing with 2 more pairs of zip ties/hose in the middle of the crossbar. I had some extra bungee left over from another project, so I use it. it's like 3/8". Here's a sketch. It looks basically like this:

www.TraysonsToybox.com

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....871#post263871
    www.TraysonsToybox.com