Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boss amps....

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Man, these Boss Audio V's Bayliner threads always go south fast due to those Boss Fan boyz
    They must be from "Camp Boss".
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    Again with the Bayliner jabs... Lol... I owned a very reasonably priced Bayliner for 5 years with zero warranty issues and it performed in all aspects but size... It was a 185. Since our boating centered around water sports and boat prices skyrocket as you move into the 20+ ft territory we leaned toward an inboard and Moomba fit the bill with features and price. Yet, I hear the same comments about Moomba... Even from owners of fancy Natiques which have had their share of warrant issued as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    owned a Bayliner for 7 trouble free years myself, always find the Bayliner bashing funny
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    owned a Bayliner for 7 trouble free years myself, always find the Bayliner bashing funny
    You should have heard me bash Moomba's back in the day. Ironic that I now own one. But then again, the boats I was bashing back in the day looked like this:

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Nothing wrong with that boat if you are into Slalom.
    I'd take a boomerang any day if I had the room and a slalom course nearby. As a 2nd boat of course

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Nothing wrong with that boat if you are into Slalom.
    I'd take a boomerang any day if I had the room and a slalom course nearby. As a 2nd boat of course
    I'm sure it produces a decent wake. At the time, I spent my time in a Boss 200, followed by a sport nautique. Seeing something so stripped down to basically a utilitarian engine and hull just wasn't my thing. Moomba was taking "value oriented" to the max back then.

I couldn't be happier with my XLV though.

But I'd have to be pretty desperate to wakeboard behind a Bayliner. LOL.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    But I'd have to be pretty desperate to wakeboard behind a Bayliner. LOL.
    We learned to board behind that old '07 Bayliner, threw a decent wake with that 07 hull, V6, full tank of gas and a few people The only thing the Mojo has done for me is make the wake approach more scary lol... my bag of tricks is still limited. That Mojo wake can be like a launch pad...
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    We learned to board behind that old '07 Bayliner, threw a decent wake with that 07 hull, V6, full tank of gas and a few people The only thing the Mojo has done for me is make the wake approach more scary lol... my bag of tricks is still limited. That Mojo wake can be like a launch pad...
    i havent ridden a ton of i/o's but every one of them produced a wake that would make you arc up in a jump rather than up/out. The dd and vdrive wakes tend to have that nice shape that makes wake to wake jumps more effortless.

I can most certainly tell the difference and I'd often pass on the i/o wakes. guess I have got spoiled and a little wake snobbish.

Heck, in my XLV, I only fill the center bag and I can launch well into the flats every time. It's just beautifully shaped. I am quite happy!
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Can you Boss fan boys get this back on topic please.
    -Jake

ah guys.....you keep mentioning the OP should do this, the OP should do that...

I am the OP.

The guy got his answer (he has been reading this thread) and he knew after the 1st couple responses that he ain't gonna get a Boss amp.

thx

e.

Hyundai owner since 2008 and lovin' 'em more than the European cars I had.
    Last edited by slipperyrockTKE300; 04-07-2015 at 05:37 AM.

Are BOSS amps decent? No, they are the bottom of price-point. Is it going to deliver the advertised power, no, probably about 1/3rd of that even with all chnls driving at 2 ohm. The chassis mounted fuses give a little clue. Amp dont "make power" they convert DC battery to usable speaker wattage. Its take a certain amount of amp consumption to produce that speaker wattage, there is no magic way to do it.

Are boss decent amps for *good to average* sound quality for wakeboarding and skiing?
    Here is what jumped out to me! To achieve this goal, your friend is going to need some HLCD speakers and respectable wattage to drive them. Past the point of verified output, amp brand is irrelevant. But, better quality amps are, well, just better. David pointed to a couple obvious things.

I would suggest something like the Memphis Audio 6.5" HLCD as a budget wake range setup. Bridge them a decent, better than BOSS, 4 chnl with a 200w rms x 2 @ 4 ohm bridged output.