Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wiring ht4 amp to pair of rev 8's

Hey I wired in a pair of rev 8's to a wet sounds ht4 amp bridged. Just want to make sure I have all the amp settings right so I don't blow the speakers. What should I have gain/frequency etc. all set to? And how should I be running my rca cables when bridged? Newbie to the sterio stuff have patience please!

Jordan
    2014 moomba möbius lsv

Dave? MLA?

WS experts?
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

^LOL ... silly. Most of the question is not WS specific.

http://www.wetsounds.com/media/produ...ser_Manual.pdf

Check pages 7 and 8 of that PDF.

Looks like the + goes to the + on the odd channels (1 and 3) and - goes to the - on the even channels (2 and 4)

Set to highpass and frequency around 80.

Look at the PDF for some instructions on gain setting. Essentially turn it all the way down (counter clockwise), turn the head unit up until you hear distortion, bring it down a click or two, then turn the gain up until you hear distortion or it's simply plenty loud.

That's it in a nutshell but I'm sure the pros will be along soon to help further .... You might have to give them more than a couple hours though
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by Jrichard1987 View Post
    Hey I wired in a pair of rev 8's to a wet sounds ht4 amp bridged. Just want to make sure I have all the amp settings right so I don't blow the speakers. What should I have gain/frequency etc. all set to? And how should I be running my rca cables when bridged? Newbie to the sterio stuff have patience please!
    Jordan
    2014 moomba möbius lsv
    Jordan,
    Good system tuning is not according to a fixed set of numbers. It's according to a step by step, sequential process. The proper prescription is universal although the numbers certainly are not.
    For anyone who wants to get the maximum performance from their system I would recommend using Odin @ Earmark Marine as your equipment source and technical resource. He is exceptionally versed in gain structure and system tuning and will personally walk you through the process. And he will make the same equipment sound better.
    So I will give you what is a starting point. But by no means are these final numbers.
    You must populate all inputs of this particular amplifier when bridging into two channels. This will require two RCA 'Y' adapters.
    In the highpass mode, you can begin by setting your frequency at or above 100 Hz. That's simply a safe number. Not 'the' number.
    Since you are bridging into a 4-ohm load, equivalent to a 2-ohm stereo load, you will not need as much gain to derive the full amplifier power. So begin at around 40% which should be safe. However, this amplifier input setting is dependent on the voltage of every upstream audio component in the chain. So again, let's call this a safe number but not 'the' number.

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Dave? MLA?

WS experts?
    dont need to be a brand expert, just someone with actual audio knowledge. So, how would you set the gains, HZ and configure the RCA?

Ahh, my advise was on the wrong side of the amp. I didn't address the RCA's. My fault.

Also, "Are you really playing Nickleback" is about all I remember from David when he walked Dusty and I through tuning. (others than the basics I mentioned above)

.... You are supposed to use Nickleback, though
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    dont need to be a brand expert, just someone with actual audio knowledge. So, how would you set the gains, HZ and configure the RCA?
    I dont think it matters how I would set it up.

I asked for you and Dave because to me you two are the WS experts.

That post was not sarcastic or meant to be negative. It was strickly meant for the only real 4 people who know tuning up and down.

Brian and Phil haven't been around.

Plus I honestly feel if I put my thoughts into an audio thread I would only get posted over by a few select people.

So I choose to say nothing and help those who ask me.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Dave? MLA?

WS experts?
    So I choose to say nothing and help those who ask me.

OP, if you would like Mike's assistance, please PM him.
    Last edited by KG's Supra24; 03-31-2015 at 09:47 PM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post

OP, if you would like Mike's assistance, please PM him.
    Exactly my point as to what I meant.

Taking it out of context as normal.

I dont tune my system Brian or Bill does. I only install my systems. I help people get in contact with Exile but I dont tell people whos products are better or worse.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Exactly my point as to what I meant.
    I know. I was simply rephrasing your first post for you. Nothing out of context.

It came across as if you had beef with Dave and MLA.
    2016 Moomba Mojo