Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    and interesting in that neither one sells them online so really no horse in the race.

really wish there were more dealers that sold both so you could demo them both.

I bought wetsounds speakers and am happy with the product, but I believe that I would be equally as happy with exile as well. lots of people give them rave reviews and both tim and brian offer top notch customer service showing their level of commitment to both brands....
    I agree with everything in your post.
    There are lots of members here that own Exile and are happy with Exile.
    I also believe Exile becomes very attractive at a certain price....just not at the same head to head price as Wetsounds on the two products specifically being compared here in this thread by the OP....for many of the reasons that I cited above.
    Exile does a great job of taking care of it's on-line customers. And so does Wetsounds, as do many other retailers every day. Those examples just aren't promoted as actively.
    We hear of many problems that get resolved in a very satisfactory way. Wetsounds has annual sales many, many times that of Exile, yet we hear of fewer overall problems.

David not at all, but you and MLA both retailers of WS (or retired) and terminated as Exile retailers, you obviously had a dog in the fight.
    I'm merely saying you guys hate Exile so much that you will spend unbelievable amounts of time in a day to discredit them.
    I just can't imagine wasting that much time of my life especially on Sunday to write this.
    Do you guys have lives, or families you could be spending time with? I guarantee the exile folks aren't going to post because they are spending time enjoying their weekend with family and friends.
    Your technical ramblings are at a 20,000ft level for 99% of users. People don't even read this crap anymore. Quit wasting the OPs time.
    It's all just noise...

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Wow, MLA and David have an opinion on the matter? Wait so you pro Wetsounds?
    This is ridiculous, you copy and paste this stuff? They are great both fantastic products, but you two have a have an obvious beef with Exile. This gets so old. Don't you guys have anything better to do with your Sunday than jump on every VS thread and spew?
    "Honey I'll be right there, someone on the internet is about to by Exile!"
    24 karat stupid.
    Its "buy"

So, beyond the personal comments toward me, what is your input? How do you think these particular products actually compare? Is there anything posted that is inaccurate or incorrect that you would like to further discuss?

David not at all, but you and MLA both retailers of WS (or retired) and terminated as Exile retailers, you obviously had a dog in the fight
    Sadly, Someone has been given some inaccurate info in this regard.

Funny thing is, you seem to have spent as much time in this thread, all be it not one word is on topic, as i have LOL!
    Last edited by MLA; 03-29-2015 at 05:53 PM.

newty,
    You just retuned to the same tactic of trying to invent motivation for why statements are made in order to dismiss those statements. It would appear that you are acting as part of the Exile camp and simply regurgitating what Exile tells you.
    If you want some truth contact me privately. This is not the place to air that laundry. But I definitely have something to share in order to set the record straight. I really welcome that inquiry.
    I've been totally retired from the industry for two years. So I really don't have a horse in the race.
    I do have strong opinions, I love to talk audio, have a low tolerance for inaccuracies, and do get very technical. I like technical because I like objective. There is plenty of other space for others to speak in the realm of more basic terms or in the subjective. Both should be part of an open forum. Sometimes I might enlighten and bring new perspectives on things people may not have considered otherwise. Some may anticipate it. Some undoubtedly tune it out. That's my contribution. Not everyone agrees. Some strongly disagree. And I can live with that because again, I really don't have a horse in this race. I have no gain or loss by brand preferences and what people do with their buying decisions.
    So maybe back to the OP question?

Default Wet sounds rev 8 v exile xm9

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Its "buy"

So, beyond the personal comments toward me, what is your input? How do you think these particular products actually compare? Is there anything posted that is inaccurate or incorrect that you would like to further discuss?

Sadly, Someone has been given some inaccurate info in this regard.

Funny thing is, you seem to have spent as much time in this thread, all be it not one word is on topic, as i have LOL!
    Thank for the spell check and the cute smiley face.
    No personal comments were made.
    It's sad I know, however this is the first time I posted in regard to your WS fanboy posts.
    Share with us what you do for a living MLA. So we can better understand your WS fan base.
    It's buy... Its buy...
    Last edited by newty; 03-29-2015 at 07:18 PM.

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Its "buy"

... time in this thread, all be it not one word ...
    It's 'albeit'.....
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by csm View Post
    It's 'albeit'.....
    Glad to see some are actually reading the threads, not just keying off who is posting

Default Wet sounds rev 8 v exile xm9

I've heard boats with Exile that sound terrible. I've heard boats with WetSounds that sound terrible.

They must both be bad!

Kraco is the only way to go!
    2013 Outback V

My BMW goes over 100 mph and so does my Audi. Which one is better going to the store?

This does get old..

A few posts ago, a question about jl vs exile came up and it turn into this crap again.

Both great marine products for what we do as a hobby, enjoy boating!
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I had the WS420 since I wanted the mic, and Exile speakers on the tower. It sounded great and nothing exploded. Both companies make great stuff.