Default Where to tap the line going to the heatercraft core? 08 XLV 325 Indmar Assault

So, I'm trying to figure out the best place to tap a line that would go to my heatercraft core. I already have an idea of where the return will go since I'll be using the Wye adapter for that part.

My boat's fresh water intake goes through the V-drive, then there's an inline heat exchanger (maybe for the transmission?) and from there it goes through the water pump. After the water pump, it goes up into a big manifold where there are outlets with hoses going all over (like to the manifolds/risers, etc.) All the various outlet ports on that manifold are already used. The drain plugs on my block have knock sensors, so not going to use that.

I can supply pictures later, but am open to suggestions on how to get water to the heatercraft heater core.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default Where to tap the line going to the heatercraft core? 08 XLV 325 Indmar Assault

Heatercraft sells a brass tee that you can use to connect your heater hose to one of the easy outlet ports on top of the engine that is already being used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will take another look at my engine and get pics.

My heatercraft kit came with a handful of brass fittings and such, so I'm sure I'll have the fitting to tap in, I really just need to figure out the location. But pictures will probably be a must so I'll try to get some this weekend.

Also, tell me the situation that would necessitate the shutoff valve for the heater. Would that really only be used if the heater core started leaking and you wanted to bypass the heater system completely?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I think the shutoff is primarily for if the core started leaking. I can imagine scenarios where it might be nice, say if you wanted to take a quick run but had to rewinterize after and only wanted to have to drain the block. Or if you had a water pump issue and wanted to take the heater out of the system temporarily.

I can see that. my thought is that I've got those brass garden hose type adapters to disconnect my heater for winterization. I'm going to do them so that the in and out will have the male and female on opposite sides so that I could unscrew the hoses going to and from my heater, and in turn take the pigtails from the engine side and connect them together so it's a loop and connect the long pigtails to/from the heater together as another loop to close them off from each other. sounds reasonable for every situation except needing to close it down while on the water.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Pressure side come out just above the starter and the suction side ties into the motors water pump. Same side of the block.

PWI as usual...