Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anchors

Default Anchors

I am looking to buy an anchor that actually works. I currently have a Navy style anchor that does not do well with my Mojo, any suggestions? Thanks in advance

2012 Mojo

I have been using a small sized box anchor on our LSV for the past couple of summers. I have been very pleased with it and it seems to hold well on the windy days.

I did not purchase through here, but here is a link with some information on them:
    https://www.slideanchor.com/Hlm_Shop...1-c5e749bb8688
    Derek & Poppy
    2010 Mobius LSV Sandrock/Fossil
    Gravity III ballast, wake plate, Z5, LEDs from Oznium (cup holders, helm, transom)
    Exile SX65M Cabin Speakers w/ Exile XM 15.4
    Exile SXT9Q Tower Speakers w/ Exile XM 30.2
    Exile 12" sub w/ XM12.1
    Exile ZLD MKII

Default Anchors

The only one I've ever heard of that worked very well is the box anchor. I finally picked one up this off season but no experience with it yet. I'm sure some others will chime in with details.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Box Anchor is the ONLY way to go. Folds up easily for storage. Once deployed the boat will not move. http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...Anchor&i=38806
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

With an anchor it comes into where you use it at. Are you using it in a river or lake? is the bottom made up of a hard surface or lots of sticks and stumps or sand or something soft? Also you might have the correct anchor but need to let out more line. The rule is 7 to 1. For every foot deep you let out 7 feet of line. Granted most people do not follow this and get a bigger anchor with more weight.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Default Re: Anchors

Don't forget the chain, this helps the anchor set..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I use just a 18lb river anchor. Has worked well for my LSV in several GA lakes as well at Lake Martin AL. As said before if you let enough line out don't think there's a problem. Has held overnight for me many times but also have a screw anchor for the overnights.
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

Default Anchors

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    With an anchor it comes into where you use it at. Are you using it in a river or lake? is the bottom made up of a hard surface or lots of sticks and stumps or sand or something soft? Also you might have the correct anchor but need to let out more line. The rule is 7 to 1. For every foot deep you let out 7 feet of line. Granted most people do not follow this and get a bigger anchor with more weight.
    The anchor I have drags unless it catches a root or something. I am not sure that it is large enough for the weight of my boat.

2012 Mojo

When you say a navy anchor, do you mean the classic navy tattoo kind with two big hooks? I've never seen anyone actually use one of those on a lake. I use a Danforth/fluke anchor in muddy conditions. I used to struggle getting it to set until I added the chain and started letting out more line. Both are important to get any anchor to "bite". Now I can easily set it and it holds great. I might consider the box anchor if I had to buy new, but I have no desire to replace what I have.
    Last edited by gregski; 03-27-2015 at 04:06 PM.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Quote Originally Posted by millerda68 View Post
    I have been using a small sized box anchor
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenehrkorn View Post
    The only one I've ever heard of that worked very well is the box anchor.
    Quote Originally Posted by smorris7 View Post
    Box Anchor is the ONLY way to go. Folds up easily for storage. Once deployed the boat will not move.
    ^^^^^^^THIS.

Box Anchor.

Toss it over the side, crack open a cold beverage and be happy you're staying put.

End thread.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com