Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default 05 Moomba Mobius LSV???

Just contracted to purchase a 2005 Moomba Mobius LSV for my first v-drive. I'm coming from a 92 supra ts6m ski boat so it's really a nice upgrade. I have heard that the hulls from 06 and up on these boats are preferred but with money and market I couldn't adford or find one decent enough and price wise that was realistic. I have a few more days in this lsv until the deal is finalized and would like to receive some info on how the wake is, and surf wak with these boats. Also the reliability. Boat had around 300 hours and all the bells and whistles. Just one center ballast. I would like to know perfect set ups to get the maximum wake for both sports. All help and information is appreciated. Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by justjacob08 View Post
    Just contracted to purchase a 2005 Moomba Mobius LSV for my first v-drive. I'm coming from a 92 supra ts6m ski boat so it's really a nice upgrade. I have heard that the hulls from 06 and up on these boats are preferred but with money and market I couldn't adford or find one decent enough and price wise that was realistic. I have a few more days in this lsv until the deal is finalized and would like to receive some info on how the wake is, and surf wak with these boats. Also the reliability. Boat had around 300 hours and all the bells and whistles. Just one center ballast. I would like to know perfect set ups to get the maximum wake for both sports. All help and information is appreciated. Thanks guys.
    Get as big of bags as will fit in the rear lockers. get an IBS for under the front seats. You'll love the boat. the Supra comp is a racecar flat ski wake boat. You'll be looking at either using over the side pumps or investing a bit of money to add an automated ballast system.

Congrats and enjoy. And as a fellow member that went from a 92 Supra (sunsport for me) to a Moomba, WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE!!!!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Welcome to the forum. I have a 2006 LSV, I'll mimic everything Trayson said. I have 800's in each locker plus the ski locker and 400 in the bow. Looking to get an IBS. You'll enjoy it, make sure you experiment with different setups and don't be disappointed your first time trying to surf, it's a learning process from the setup to the driver to the rider.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Quote Originally Posted by sivs1 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. I have a 2006 LSV, I'll mimic everything Trayson said. I have 800's in each locker plus the ski locker and 400 in the bow. Looking to get an IBS. You'll enjoy it, make sure you experiment with different setups and don't be disappointed your first time trying to surf, it's a learning process from the setup to the driver to the rider.
    Not to show ignorance but what is IBS? And have yall ever boarded behind the pre 06 hull? I've heard opinions leaning both ways. Just curious if inverts and all are pretty easy behind this hull design. And how's the quality of the wake when weighted properly? Competitive, pro, amateur, etc? Thanks guys.

Not to show ignorance but what is IBS?
    Integrated Bow Sack, basically a ballast bag that sits under your bow seats and fills that space. I have not surfed behind anything other than my 06 and a buddy's 06 X9 DD.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Not to show ignorance but what is IBS? And have yall ever boarded behind the pre 06 hull? I've heard opinions leaning both ways. Just curious if inverts and all are pretty easy behind this hull design. And how's the quality of the wake when weighted properly? Competitive, pro, amateur, etc? Thanks guys.
    The 06+ is a totally different boat. They don't compare.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

search the forum for info on pre-09 Outback V setups as well. It's confusing, but in '06 the LSV hull was changed and the old LSV hull became the Outback V. My first Moomba was an '08 Outback V, so you can search some of my old posts.

I'd go with 750's in the rear lockers. Don't know that you will want/need the IBS in that boat. If you decide on one, be prepared when driving or you will take rollers over the bow. The wakeboard wake is fine for weekend warriors, the surf wave as well. The pocket will be short, but you can try out a homemade gate to get some more length.

Welcome & have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    search the forum for info on pre-09 Outback V setups as well. It's confusing, but in '06 the LSV hull was changed and the old LSV hull became the Outback V. My first Moomba was an '08 Outback V, so you can search some of my old posts.

I'd go with 750's in the rear lockers. Don't know that you will want/need the IBS in that boat. If you decide on one, be prepared when driving or you will take rollers over the bow. The wakeboard wake is fine for weekend warriors, the surf wave as well. The pocket will be short, but you can try out a homemade gate to get some more length.

Welcome & have fun!
    So in your opinion, is the wake sufficient for a weekender like myself that is above the amateur rider but far from pro or maybe advanced? I'm not looking to go pro by any means. Just have some fun with the guys and wife. We want to start surfing, what's the surf gate? And how does it work? How satisfied was you with your wake behind your obv and was you able to pull your tricks, inverts, and such? Just trying to make sure I'm buying something that's good for us and I don't want to be dissatisfied.

the boat will probably provide more than you can handle. my "tricks" stop at creative financing to make the payments and one of those whirly-jig things to fill it with gas.

So in your opinion, is the wake sufficient for a weekender like myself that is above the amateur rider but far from pro or maybe advanced? I'm not looking to go pro by any means. Just have some fun with the guys and wife. We want to start surfing, what's the surf gate? And how does it work? How satisfied was you with your wake behind your obv and was you able to pull your tricks, inverts, and such? Just trying to make sure I'm buying something that's good for us and I don't want to be dissatisfied.
    I'm sure it'll be great. If it's what you can afford, then go for it and ride the heck out of it.

A surf gate is a device that's put on the back of the hull to delay the convergence of the waves so that you can weight both port and starboard sides and still get a smooth surf wave. DO A SEARCH on these terms if you're not sure. The idea of surf gates has been discussed with pages of insight over the last few years since Malibu invented their surf gate.

I'd venture to say that most of us here aren't 'invert' cabable wakeboarders. I can certainly hold my own, but if my head is ever facing the water, it's promptly followed by a big splash.

Again, you're coming from a Supra Comp. Most any v-drive is going to be a dramatic improvement. And it'll be hard for you to find a better value for your money than a used Moomba. Is it going to have the wakeboard wake of a Super Air Nautique? NO. Is it going to have the surf wave of a Centurion Enzo? NO. but is it going to make you pretty happy for the money you have to spend? I'd think yes.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com