Well, today I was running around at lunch and decided to gas up the boat. I was just a few blocks from work and on some narrow streets. I was at a complete stop and made a right turn. Obviously I didn't swing wide enough into the oncoming traffic's lane and my trailer cut the corner. I looked in my side view mirror just in time to see the air shooting out the sidewall of the tire.

So yeah, this just happened.

And the natural question is "Do I have a spare?". Well, the boat didn't come with one. Last season I bought the bracket to mount the spare on the trailer, but had been holding off because my intention was to buy a full set of 5 aluminum wheels since I was going to have to buy 1 wheel regardless. I was just about to pull the trigger on the set of 5 any day. Well, that timeline has been accelerated. I just placed my order for 5 wheels and 2 more tires. Yippee!!!

I have a couple friends driving a half hour to come boating with us after work, and another friend that's rearranged his whole evening to be able to join us tonight. I really didn't want to disappoint our friends because of my wheel/tire woes.

And I really didn't want to buy a wheel locally just to turn around and buy the 5 I really wanted online. So here's where Berg comes in: He's going to swing by the boat launch after work and let me borrow his spare until my new ones arrive. Berg is my hero! (and I owes him some serious beer)