Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2014 Mojo 2.5 vs 2014 Supra SC350

So long story short we had a falling out with the dealer we had ordered a 2015 Mojo with at the boat show. They decided they were doing me a favor by offering to sell me a boat and I saw it different. Frustrating situation thats just not worth going into. So we aren't going to buy from them and as such lost our mid April Build slot. We have moved on to the dealer we should have been dealing with (other dealer we met at the boat show and were out of their territory, but claimed that was fine) and oddly they are also the MC dealer so I am already a customer as we had a MC.

So with the build slot gone the next one they can get is later than we want. But they have a couple holdovers that we are interested in. First is a 2014 Mojo 2.5. I know its the old hull, but how does it perform and compare to the new 15 Mojo.

Other is a 2014 Loaded Supra SC350. They have 2 and they are pricing them very aggressively. Great deal, but they are still a lot of money compared to the Moomba's. Well I guess not terrible they are asking probably pretty close to what people are paying for well optioned 2015 Mojo's.

Saturday I said the Supra was just to much money, I mean I about passed out at the $111,000 MSRP. But its a smoking deal. It has every option under the sun. I wouldn't have to add anything. The negative is it would be the most expensive bought I have bought by almost 10K. But man is it nice!!

Looking for input from people with experience with these 2 models.
    1998 MC Maristar 225VRS(for sale)
    2014 Tige RZR-sold
    2013 Tige RZR-sold

not having surfed either one, if it was my coin, I'd compare both but my $$ would want to take the supra. sat in an sc and hoping to surf one this spring from the dealer. boat really impressed me in the overall fit/finish and some of the options compared to my current boat.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Both boats surf well (Mojo likes a lot of weight), but the SC with upgraded sacs in the rear and the swell system is a monster. If you're getting a deal on a loaded SC, then I would go for it. A great deal on that kind of boat allows you to re-sell it for basically what you have in it. The new Supras have been doing well on re-sale so gatta take that into account as well. Demo the SC with 750s in the rear (make sure on that), you wont be disappointed. A 14 Mojo is still a great boat and I'm sure they're giving you a good deal on that holdover as well, but if it was me.... I would go with the SC

Default 2014 Mojo 2.5 vs 2014 Supra SC350

Sorry to hear about the issue with the dealer.

We owned the '12 Mojo and have spent a few days on a '14 SC at the photo shoot. As much as we loved our Mojo, the SC was very impressive and we would have gone with that as our next boat had the SG not been released.

If you already had the 15 Mojo ordered ... It seems like settling for the previous hull and manual flow leaves the door wide open for regret. At least in my mind it would.

Am I mistaken you were a mostly surf guy? What is your preferred surf side?

I'd def take a strong look at the SC bc it's a dang nice boat. +swell

2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

We do really like the SC. We have 3 regular surfers and my son is goofy.

I thought about the regret part already. We also still plan to turn the boat at the end of the year. I worry about resale with the old hull and manual flow. I have a price on the SC but won't know the price on the Mojo till tomorrow. The MOjo will have to be as good a deal as the SC to consider it. Plus my wife really likes the colors of the SC.
    2014 Tige RZR-sold
    2013 Tige RZR-sold

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    If you already had the 15 Mojo ordered ... It seems like settling for the previous hull and manual flow leaves the door wide open for regret. At least in my mind it would.

Am I mistaken you were a mostly surf guy? What is your preferred surf side?

I'd def take a strong look at the SC bc it's a dang nice boat. +swell

Daaaammmmmnnnnnn!
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

She likes the colors.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 Tige RZR-sold
    2013 Tige RZR-sold

Quote Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
    Plus my wife really likes the colors of the SC.
    I don't know why you asked us then

I mentioned the surf bc I've seen comments regarding the goofy side taking some work to get cleaned up on the older Mojo hull.

I agree with her! Love the UNC blue color.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

There was a thread about leftover SC's at a pretty good price in Sales and information, Think they were in Texas on sale for 79K.
    2018 ?????
    2013 LSV Exiled (Sold)
    2006 LSV (Sold)

Jim