Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Time for a wheel upgrade, and BERG is my hero.

Well, today I was running around at lunch and decided to gas up the boat. I was just a few blocks from work and on some narrow streets. I was at a complete stop and made a right turn. Obviously I didn't swing wide enough into the oncoming traffic's lane and my trailer cut the corner. I looked in my side view mirror just in time to see the air shooting out the sidewall of the tire.

So yeah, this just happened.

And the natural question is "Do I have a spare?". Well, the boat didn't come with one. Last season I bought the bracket to mount the spare on the trailer, but had been holding off because my intention was to buy a full set of 5 aluminum wheels since I was going to have to buy 1 wheel regardless. I was just about to pull the trigger on the set of 5 any day. Well, that timeline has been accelerated. I just placed my order for 5 wheels and 2 more tires. Yippee!!!

I have a couple friends driving a half hour to come boating with us after work, and another friend that's rearranged his whole evening to be able to join us tonight. I really didn't want to disappoint our friends because of my wheel/tire woes.

And I really didn't want to buy a wheel locally just to turn around and buy the 5 I really wanted online. So here's where Berg comes in: He's going to swing by the boat launch after work and let me borrow his spare until my new ones arrive. Berg is my hero! (and I owes him some serious beer)
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I've got a wheel you can have. You'll have to remount the tire.
    It's white, but free.

PWI as usual...

You can just remove the wheel and drive short distances. I've done it in a pinch.
    You have to keep it under 80 and avoid curbs.

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    I've got a wheel you can have. You'll have to remount the tire.
    It's white, but free.
    Thanks for the offer man. But I pulled the trigger on five new wheels and a pair of new tires.

Got 5 of these in route, should arrive on Tues or Wed from the same place you got your aluminum wheels.

You can just remove the wheel and drive short distances. I've done it in a pinch.
    You have to keep it under 80 and avoid curbs.
    Yeah, my work is just a couple miles from the boat launch. It's closer to get to the boat launch than it is to get to the tire shop. Then I'll throw Berg's spare on for a week until my new stuff gets sorted.

I'll keep it under 25. Too bad, because I was hoping to do some drifting with the trailer on the round-about by officer's row...
    Yeah,
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

That'd be fun to watch...from a distance.

PWI as usual...

That'd be fun to watch...from a distance.
    Oh wait. I just remembered. It's not possible to do any trailer drifting... I don't have a diesel.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Just announced-- SC's Man of the Year for 2014 (includes through March 2015): BERG!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Thanks for the offer man. But I pulled the trigger on five new wheels and a pair of new tires.

Got 5 of these in route, should arrive on Tues or Wed from the same place you got your aluminum wheels.

Yeah, my work is just a couple miles from the boat launch. It's closer to get to the boat launch than it is to get to the tire shop. Then I'll throw Berg's spare on for a week until my new stuff gets sorted.

I'll keep it under 25. Too bad, because I was hoping to do some drifting with the trailer on the round-about by officer's row...
    Yeah,
    Sucks that happened but those are bad ass rims, cheddar is flying ...
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Sucks that happened but those are bad ass rims, cheddar is flying ...
    Cha ching!!!!
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Nice looking wheels. What are you doing with your old ones? I need to by a spare.