I'm in search of a new riding lawn mower. I have a small yard, .7 acre, but with .25 of sod for sure. The grass is Zorisa (sp). I have a slight slope and the yard is uneven. It goes down to the waters edge.

I have a Toro personal pace push and it has worked very nicely in my past homes. This yard is too sloped and too many turns to want to use as the sole mower.

I am looking for a quality machine. I think I want a tractor style, not the zero turn style. However, I am open. Since my experience with Toro products has been great, Toro is high on the list. John Deere and Kubota as also here. I really want to be under $3K, and I have the Kubota dealer on the look out for a used trade in in the next 4 weeks.

I have ruled out the $1K box store mower as I have had one and the tranny was the limiting factor.

Also, any input on Kohler, B&S, Kawi engines. I know B&S and I thought Kohler was cheaper brand, but not sure.

I live in FL, so the mowing season is now til mid-late Nov. Every week. Once a month from Nov-Mar. So the mower will get used.

Thanks.