View Poll Results: Blue or Gray hydroturf or Metal Flake on the rear seat base?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gray to match the floor

13 65.00%
  • Blue to kind of match the vinyl on the rest of the seat bases

1 5.00%
  • Blue Metal Flake Vinyl Wrap

6 30.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Merged

The carpet looks horrible on the rear bench seat base. so the face of it is going to become hydroturf. I have enough left over to do it in either blue (like my swim platform) or gray (like the floor).

The blue is a touch lighter than the vinyl on the seat bases. But having blue would make for a more uniform blue border under all the seats.

If I have it gray, it would blend with the floor and look kind of like a kick panel.

Ugly gray carpet:

Blue or Gray???

***I guess there's a 3rd option. I could attempt to do the seat base in the blue metalflake vinyl. Initially I didn't think it'd stick to the HDPE, but I just did a test of some of the vinyl on a scrap of HDPE and it seemed to stick okay...

so there's an option three...
    Last edited by bergermaister; 03-21-2015 at 01:15 AM. Reason: By request
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

If you could get the exact same flake in the vinyl I'd say go with that. The blue Hydro looks go too though. When I did mine I bought the smooth gray, just thought the textured is a little too much. Plus if you wrap that diamond hydroturf all the way around the bench it will be a tight fit pulling the bench in and out.
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

I think I'll try the vinyl since I do have enough to give it a shot. if that doesn't work then I'll go with the hydroturf but only on the face of the bench. The sides really don't matter as they are never really ever seen. I agree about the width with turf. It was very interesting getting my rear floor piece into place with turf wrapped around the edges. there may or may not have been a deadblow hammer used...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Ok maybe I missed it did you blue vinyl the bases or is that gel coat ?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Ok maybe I missed it did you blue vinyl the bases or is that gel coat ?
    Blue metal flake vinyl. I love it!
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

where did the Blue metal flake vinyl come from?
    "You spend most of your life, looking for the adult that you are... then you spend the rest of your life looking for the child that you were."
    98 boomerang sold
    04 outback lsv

Quote Originally Posted by Jceclipse01 View Post
    where did the Blue metal flake vinyl come from?
    Ebay. sold by Louisville vinyl and graphics. It's a cool product, but if you want perfection, it might not be it. It doesn't stretch like regular vinyl wrap, so doing corners or uneven sections is challenging at best, impossible at worst.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

my .02. I would do all the seat bases in grey vinyl. the blue takes away from the blue accents in the seats and the grey matches the piping on the seat bottoms better..

floor looks great.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

my vote is for the blue so you have a continuous color stripe on the bottom

Edit: blue vinyl that is.

gray hydroturf for the seat base, after you redo the blue vinyl for the sides
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart