Default Wiring in 3 amps and add a battery

Hey guys,
    So I am starting to prepare the parts I need for my sound system for when I get the boat (2002 outback ls) back from storage and I am in need of some help here are the specs
    -2 xm9s powered by exile 30.2
    -2 12"mtx Thunder subs powered by mtx thunder 1000d
    -six stock speakers (can't remember what they are right meow) powered by kenwood kac-8452
    -clarion m303 head unit
    I will also be adding a second battery with blue sea add a battery kit
    Now I have read through the forums thoroughly and they have been great but I have a few questions
    -the mtx amp calls for 1/0 gauge and the only power ground combined distro block I could find with 1/0 output is (connection sfd 41c) which is $150 at my local audio shop can't find on Amazon any ideas on a budget solution for this
    -I am wondering what size wire I should run to the xm9s I have seen some people useing fairly small gauge wire IMO what do you suggest
    -has anyone added two subs to my boat I realize it's would be easier to just add one large sub as mine are only 300rms each but I already had them so it is free to just use both I just don't want them to phase each other out which I don't know how that works but have read that it is a problem in boats with positioning
    Any help would be great thanks

I have been using T Spec products for the last 6 years and they have always been good to me. I also use 1/0 gauge wiring in my system.

I only use it for my distro blocks to power and ground though. I have not used that cable for Amps. Even the big 2500 watt amp I have on my sub is 4 gauge.

You look into T Spec, this is the style block I would use for Ground 1/0 and 4 to my amps.

You can Google them and get a full line.

http://www.amazon.com/T-Spec-V12FDB-.../dp/B00DX64WL6

As for Tower speaker wires, there are a few choices people will use. I personally used 12 and pulled 2 sets up my tower. I have 4 speakers on 1 set and 2 on the other.

In your case 1 pair would work for up to 4 speakers.
    You can also use 14, 16 and some even use a 4 braided wire style that I think is 16.

The most important thing is to have some with thick enough insulation they don't nick and short out on the tower holes you push them through.

Several people run 2 subs, I do not.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I will also be adding a second battery with blue sea add a battery kit
    You will need some battery cables as well. 1/0 should work for that

-the mtx amp calls for 1/0 gauge and the only power ground combined distro block I could find with 1/0 output is (connection sfd 41c) which is $150 at my local audio shop can't find on Amazon any ideas on a budget solution for this
    Given that thats a car amp. id bet that their 1/0 rec is based and a B+ of X length and a B- of about 2 feet that grounds right to the chassis. Boats dont work this way. You need to calculate the potential draw and factor that with the distance from the battery/switch. This will give you what the amp needs for your application. Same with the other amps and factor those in of you are looking to do a single trunk line for all 3 amps.

Given the amp wattage for your proposed tower setup, I would suggest a 12ga pair for each pod. This could be two 2-conductors or a single jacketed 12ga. Wire chaffing should not be an issue with proper insulators like loom and grommets st the wire holes.

With 2 or more subs, placement can be the trick. If you are looking to do both under the helm, side by side, phasing will not be an issue.

Ok thx guys that sounds good I made a shopping list tell me what you think or if I missed anything
    New Wish List
    Link: http://amzn.com/w/34R6JX5F44JCR
    I got 100' of the 12 gauge assuming that will work for my subs as well
    I don't think I will have enough space for both subs under helm but maybe I'll just wait till I get it back for that
    Thanks again