Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Cool Hello, My name is Mike and I have a truck buying obsession.

Well I went and bought another truck.
    Those who have been around prolly had bets on how long the F150 would last.
    Those who have been around know I have always been a Ford guy.
    Things are changing though..

The F150 wasn't cutting it for me, loved things on it, hated things on it. For me its all about the Hate things that forced it out of my stable.

Basically in my mind, and experience with my F150 it was inadequate to tow my Mojo and haul all my gear. I tried Roadmaster Active suspension, I tried Air bags, it always wanted to sag when loaded up.
    Also the 1/2 ton rear end would just get man handled around corners. Chewing my tires up, you could feel the boat shoving the truck through corners. My trailer brakes wore down this past summer, and I started noticing the truck was getting really hard to stop when pulling the boat. I would really have to stand on it to make it stop. For me, that's a no deal man. In my 1 Ton I would take the boat with no brakes down the LBC mountains and have no issues at all. So anyhow out with the Ford, in with RAM.

I have been watching Ram for several years, lerking in the back ground keeping tabs on the changes.

14 was a HUGE year for the 2500 series, it got the 1 ton chassis, and new interior upgrades. Also it picked up HID lights, Air Ride rear suspension and 5 link rear suspension. All notable awesome upgrades.

I should have bought one last year but my Ford brand Loyalty was too strong still. Now I have put my Ford banner down, Looked at each of the big 3 and this is where I decided to go.

14 Ram 2500 Laramie Long Bed.

Price was killer, I got 12K off sticker, plus 5K extra for Intel. With my F150 being a Wash trade in. i walked away with an equal deal to my F150 last year. Can complain about that. Only down side is my insurance went up lol. Not too much but 3/4 Ton costs more.

My favorite options, other then 1 Ton Chassis, new interior is HID, once you have HID you just can't go back. LED full lighting. Turn signals, rear taillights, mirrors, entry, on all door panels. Also Auto Leveling Suspension. No more Sag. I also really like 5 link rear suspension. Lastly the Alpine 10 speaker surround sound, wow its actually really impressive. I had the Sony Premium with Sub in the F150, this blows it away.

It has all the big options you would expect in a Laramie trimmed truck.

Last night I spent the better part of my night getting....wait for it.... MODS!!!

In the mail as we speak,
    Amp Power Side Steps
    Weather Tech Floor Mats, front and rear
    Red Rug full liner
    Low Pro Soft Roll Up Tonnaoe cover
    Working out a deal to get the windows tinted.

Well here she is,

Silver bullet. <yea like my favorite Boat beer> LOL

crappy dealer pics, I will update after upgrades are in.

Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

[COLOR="#696969"]

Still not as Bad Ass as Newty big Dodge, but after these updates, I am only lagging the wheels and tires. Ok Maybe a Lift..but IDK never been big on after market lifts. I am not even sure if I will level this untill I get wheels and tires.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

David at Earmark just bought that EXACT SAME TRUCK!

Looks awesome, Mike. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I am not even sure if I will level this until I get wheels and tires.
    No, not going to happen. Ha ha. Stay tuned. I expect about 20 mods in the next 10 months. Nice truck-- seems like everybody I know around here lately is going RAM. Must be a reason. Congrats!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    David at Earmark just bought that EXACT SAME TRUCK!

Looks awesome, Mike. Congrats!
    Thats funny chit right there. I saw the comments in Trayson Stereo Adventure..

Hey at least I got past battling Dave, and MLA. Don't care if they are right or wrong anymore. Just tired of the drama, so I refuse to participate anymore. LOL
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I wish dodge made a full size SUV. Suburban, Tahoe, Expedition, Excursion sized rigs. A 3/4 ton Cummins powered suburban sized dodge would be the shizzle.

PWI as usual...

Looked at a Chrysler Aspen (Hemi) before going the Lincoln route but not sure that one counts as full size.

A Cummins sized SUV would definitely be interesting. Knowing Dodge/Chrysler's approach to styling and power it would definitely be badazz.

Ok, back to the issue here. Silver? Come on Mike - the boat is white and gray. You mix those together I'm pretty sure you don't get silver.

And I would like to quote you from not too long ago "Once you go 1-ton, it's hard to go back to 1/2 ton" hehehe. Words to live by.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

im still on the fence with the cummins and duramax..id love to get my hands on the new 15 dmax gmc or the new cummins..they are both great looking trucks
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Looked at a Chrysler Aspen (Hemi) before going the Lincoln route but not sure that one counts as full size.

A Cummins sized SUV would definitely be interesting. Knowing Dodge/Chrysler's approach to styling and power it would definitely be badazz.

Ok, back to the issue here. Silver? Come on Mike - the boat is white and gray. You mix those together I'm pretty sure you don't get silver.

And I would like to quote you from not too long ago "Once you go 1-ton, it's hard to go back to 1/2 ton" hehehe. Words to live by.
    Yes your exactly right on the 1-ton part.

Silver, yes, its not like I had a lot of options. It was the ONLY new 14 left over they had.

Silver is not bad, its a great base to work from. It hides scratches well, doesn't show dirt as much as black or charcoal.

Plus its a great platform to buy the next boat down the line. Everything goes with Silver.

I am thinking of having the fender flares and lower door panels painted charcoal gray to match the boat.

Honestly I don't think its any more dramatic of a difference with the boat then Black was lol.
    [COLOR="#696969"]