Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

At idle, it is normal for alternator output to drop when load increases. As RPM increase, the alternator output goes up. Although you may have a 70A rated alt, you will almost never see an alt hit its peak out in the real world. Mainly because most of the current draw is coming off the battery, battery level starts to drop, alternator senses this and increases output. The battery acts a filter for the load, rather than the load the going straight to the alternator.

Quote Originally Posted by Leebo View Post
    At idle, the dash gauge says I’m getting ~14v but as I start turning on switches/pumps, the voltage drops to sub-13v. At higher rpms, the voltage returns to ~14v w/ all 3 pumps running. My question is whether this is normal. A search of the forums indicates my alternator should generate 70amps at idle but this is clearly not the case (assuming 3 pumps draw ~45 amps).
    Normal and it doesn't take much engine speed to get it back up to 14V, even about 1000rpm does it for me maybe just a bit more with 3 running. If I'm sitting still, I put it in neutral and bump the throttle a bit.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Awesome, thanks for the sanity check fellas!!!
    2007 LSV
    2315 Acme prop
    Gravity III + 3 Johnsons
    1100s in the rear, IBS upfront
    Stock bags under the seats
    HDPE Surf Platform

Mine does the same. I time getting to the surf spot and set the PP for 10MPH. That way I get the RPM's up while traveling to the surf spot so I don't waste time and fuel sitting there waiting for bags to fill. 10MPH keeps me from going more than surf speed while under load. I am using three of the Johnson pumps. I used to only use two at a time before the suck gate but now we fill all three at the same time so it is a bigger load.
    I completely scrapped all electrical and plumbing other than the one through hull. I used the old fuse block and added two more holes in the hull for a parallel system.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

got the g3 upgrade box last week, anyone have any pics of thru hull locations and or install? I havent been to the boat yet this year, i figured i would be proactive in finding info

They have a video linked on their site. Worked for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8oprSN59A8
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods