Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mastercraft NXT

Default mastercraft NXT

I got a chance to see the mastercraft nxt at the boat show this weekend....it looked terrible.
    the beam was small and the gunwale was fairly short. the tower looked cheap...and the fit and finish left much to be desired. the worse part was the pricepoint in the mid-60s (moombas pricepoint also seemed high). Compared to the LSV, Mondo, Tige RZR, or Supreme it's hard to believe that many people would select the NXT.
    2017 Axis T23
    2014 Supra SC350 Sold
    2012 Outback V - Sold

Did that NXT price include the trailer? I bet it didn't.

What were you comparing Moomb's price point to that made you think it "seemed high?"

I looked around the Atlanta boat show and thought Moomba was still, by far, the best inboard value on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by JASONZ View Post
    it's hard to believe that many people would select the NXT.
    Exactly. NXT is not a real fav with this crowd - or very many others would be my guess...

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....stercraft-NXT/
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Yes - I think a new LSV at 67k is "seems high."
    I agree, for 67k, the only boat that gave the LSV a respectable run is the T22 which comes in higher in the low 70s.
    The new Mojo looks great and they had it at 73K which blows away all similar offerings at that size.
    2017 Axis T23
    2014 Supra SC350 Sold
    2012 Outback V - Sold

nxt really has 2 markets- the market that competes against the outbackv, mondo, a20, vtx/mxz20, x2/x20, rzr/r20. those, that I can remember, are the 20ft boat offerings for those with garage or length restrictions. it also is a mc boat at a sub75k pricepoint hoping to get mc into the entry market. that could be competing against anything smaller from axis/moomba/supreme/sanger, and probably a few others.
    all of the offerings I have seen point to a mid60's pricepoint(with trailer although it is priced separately).

fit/finish is not up to normal mc quality, but don't think it's too far out of the ball park for a "value" priced boat.

they are up against a tough crowd as I'd take a mondo or an r20 any day over the nxt based on the beam alone. it is very noticeable in a 20ft boat.

resale is bound to be MUCH higher with the nxt as based on the number you see on local lakes(or lack of), there will be limited numbers on the used market
    Last edited by sandm; 02-23-2015 at 05:36 PM.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Even over on TT the NXT is not very popular and the butt of many jokes. Not many have hit the lake.

Funny how 50K all day turned into mid to high 60's plus T,T,L. If they actually priced them at 50K with a trailer and basic stuff they would sell everyone they could make. But in the mid 60's there are just better options.
    1998 MC Maristar 225VRS(for sale)
    2014 Tige RZR-sold
    2013 Tige RZR-sold

Saw it at the Milw boat show- look cheap as F!

Really makes you appreciate how much value and quality Moomba offers!

wish I would have known you were there

funny tho how people say it's cheap. I think people go to look at it sitting next to an x30 and assume it's going to be the same. I do see where they cut corners and picked it apart when I first saw it, but for a value priced boat, it's not a complete miss. people look at moomba and don't expect supra fit/finish/options/upgrades but it's a different name. take the new SG and strip it down to a bare-bones boat and guessing it would get the same reception.

I think the problem with the nxt is they blew it on price and the narrow beam in today's surf market. iirc, the hull isn't too far off from the og xstar so betting it's not a horrible wakeboard wake. as boardman mentioned, if that boat truly was 50otd with trailer and decent options, moomba/axis and a few others would be sweating a little. as it is, they are laughing all the way to the bank.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

With a trailer the NXT was supposed to be $50K. MC feels that CC and BU are their competition in the boat industry. With aims directly at Axis, the NXT looks great on paper.

"Not a lot on the lake", the same could be said for any boat that was just released in the fall/winter.

I am not a boarder/surfer first, so none of these boats are on my radar. However, I can't understand how boat prices can sustain at this level. I know that I can't afford ANY new ski/wake/board boat. I find the new Prostar a joke at $60K entry fee.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

"I know that I can't afford ANY new ski/wake/board boat. I find the new Prostar a joke at $60K entry fee. "

I find any boat with a $60K price tag a joke.

How many baby boomers facing retirement will be willing to shell out that kind of cash?

Will Generation X be able to keep the boat companies in business? I guess we will see.