Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Lmao. I love bang for the buck upgrades.
    -Jake

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    What? 5 replies to his own post. You haven't been paying attention. He does that in every thread every day.
    Well, since I can only post 4 pics per post, of course I had to break my writeup into multiple posts. Plus, Berg gets distracted if there's just words and no pictures... (or beer). Oh crap, I just lost Berg.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Images pulled directly from the web do not count. They must be original and unique in nature, preferably done in selfie fashion or shameless self promotion from the end of a telescopic handle, or demerits will be issued.
    Hey now, I posted 17 images. Only four of them were pulled from the web, because I don't physically have the gear yet so I can't post pics of what I don't have in my possession...

Oh wait! My Kickers were delivered today. so here's another original picture. Now I'm at 14/4

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Check the books moderators ... That's gotta be a record

All the mods look great. Sharp boat.

I went a similar path on the stereo mods my first season and then fell victim to the larger towers. Beware of jesters boat!
    Oh, I am sure I'll fall victim to larger towers eventually. But I needed an 'upgrade fix' to get me through this summer...
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I installed the Precision Power P600.2 amp that I'll be using for my towers. Wowsers, it's TINY. I'm not used to these Class D amps with the small footprints.

My new cans are here as are the kicker mids that will go in them. However, I'm prioritizing my mods and focusing on the things that I NEED to do before I can get on the water. So, the next thing I'll tackle will be installing the new subs. I had to get spacer rings for the subs because they're a little deeper than the Polks I took out. I sprayed them with some rubberized undercoating. Tomorrow I have to get some new screws because the ones I had before are now too short.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Since you have to use spacers you should get acrylic rings and LED's?

Is your box going to have enough volume for the new subs? Maybe you already thoroughly checked that out prior? Just a fleeting thought that hit me this am when reading your post!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Since you have to use spacers you should get acrylic rings and LED's?

Is your box going to have enough volume for the new subs? Maybe you already thoroughly checked that out prior? Just a fleeting thought that hit me this am when reading your post!
    I priced out acrylic rings and it was going to cost like $90 for a pair and I wasn't willing to spend that. I am going to trim my wood rings with LED's. stay tuned, it'll look good.

Thoroughly researched? Um, I thoroughly ASSUMED! LOL

See how you are? Making me actually do research!

Turns out the Infinitys want 0.1 cuft more than the Polks. the box is built right about to the polk specs. So I have to wonder if 0.1 cu ft is going to make a significant impact... I did get 0.03 additional airspace from the rings though! LOL.

I guess down the road if I rebuild the box, I'll be able to get it spot on. it would be easy enough to bump it a little deeper or taller. I have the room. But in the meantime, rebuilding the box isn't super high on the project list...
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Ah you should be close enough. I know subs can vary vastly so like i said, the thought just hit me as I was typing

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Fill the box with poly fill, that should help.

Also on the kicker 6 pack you are going to like it. We rocked it on our 02 and it was very respectable. With that said it can't hold a candle to our new setup.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    Fill the box with poly fill, that should help.

Also on the kicker 6 pack you are going to like it. We rocked it on our 02 and it was very respectable. With that said it can't hold a candle to our new setup.
    I had never really done the research on the polyfill. That's interesting and I guess I'll give it a try.

Yeah, the Kicker 6-pack should be a respectable setup. But yeah, certainly not equivalent to a bad boy WS or Exile system.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com