Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Magic Kicker Beans

Even with the best of specs, run time is an estimated guess at best. You need to calculate the wattage based on how the amp chnls are loaded, rather than using the marketing numbers. Lets say you have a "1000W" amp, but only run each chnl at 4 ohm. In reality, you are likely seeing a fraction of that advertised number. Further, you cant really apply ohms law when one part of the equation is in AC and the other is in DC. As example, dividing 2400W output by battery DC.

The most accurate, and its still an estimate, is to determine the amps' DC current draw and use that with the battery bank Ah. to determine reserve.
    And how can we determine the DC current draw? Or even get some wild-ass-guestimation of it?

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I was curious about this ... as using the rated wattage to speakers doesn't factor in efficiency of the amp. 'Cause let's be honest, I've always known my WS amps are better than Dusty's exile were and certainly better than the PPI's
    LMAO!!! Touché!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Finding the estimated current draw via any set calculation sure would be complex and inaccurate. The current draw is based on DC in but AC out. Music is very transient and so the draw is just a fraction of the of the DC to DC calculation. The amplifier efficiency comes into play, amplifier by amplifier and channel by channel. You have different amplifier classes (AB, H, D), efficiency changes at different impedance loads, efficiency changes at different power levels, and so on. Each system is different. Bad system set-up, bad system tuning, a bit of clipping, type of music, equalization, and many other factors can have a substantial impact on efficiency.
    I recommend this. Upon your first typical long outing, starting the day with a fully charged battery bank, run the system at rest under normal conditions down to 12.0 volts. Now you're finished and you have your time.
    Beyond that, the real experiences of others is as good of a reference as any.

Tray,

You can measure the current draw through the amp cables using an Amp-Clamp meter. Real easy if you have a trunk line that feeds all the amps. For a more conservative outcome, meaning the final number has you running out of battery sooner than reality, you can add up amp fusing and use that as your amp draw.

Again, the final number is an estimation at best. Too many variables to get an accurate number. Its best to use a conservative calculation and then over build the reserve, than to try and calculate down to the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I was curious about this ... as using the rated wattage to speakers doesn't factor in efficiency of the amp. 'Cause let's be honest, I've always known my WS amps are better than Dusty's exile were and certainly better than the PPI's
    Hahahahahah - that is good stuff!!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

With all of that said, can we agree that 6+ hours at full volume with that amount of speakers/amps all on a single battery does not sound like an accurate guess?
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Default 2015 Mondo Stereo Build

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    With all of that said, can we agree that 6+ hours at full volume with that amount of speakers/amps all on a single battery does not sound like an accurate guess?
    Maybe I have a hidden battery somewhere....shhhhh I'm not telling lol

Or maybe it's a very conservative number?

When I was researching my install he highly recommended me getting one. He used them all the time & work great. He didn't even sell it to me, he told me where I could get it cheaper. I was amazed at the sheer size and weight of this battery. He said they have an upgraded model which is in the shape of a briefcase but he didn't think I needed something like that for my system.

7+hrs & I didn't even have to switch batteries to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Quote Originally Posted by BrettLee3232 View Post
    Maybe I have a hidden battery somewhere....shhhhh I'm not telling lol

Or maybe it's a very conservative number?

Drama Brett lmao
    -Jake

Awesome stereo build. Crikey, that has to be seriously loud.

2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    I'll agree with you. Well, as long as you play nice about my PPI amps and zip ties!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I'll agree with you. Well, as long as you play nice about my PPI amps and zip ties!
    Not the zip ties.. never...
    Man has 3grand perched on the tower and wants to zip tie 'em...

Words can't even begin.. lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk