Default Where should I mount the Air temp sensor that came with my new depth gauge?

Pretty simple. Where would you mount an air temp sensor to get a decent read and have a reasonable installation on my 2008 XLV?

It suggests out of direct sunlight for obvious reasons.

Thoughts on a place to mount it?

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

May be way of base here but not in the water...

I'd suggest putting in on the inboard side of your helm station closest to the bow. Generally out of sunlight, and not affected by wind temperature as much. Not isolated enough to prevent air flow though, so you should get an accurate reading.

I mounted mine on the inside of the panel with the Throttle, easy access, not in the direct sunlight and out of wind.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I would think that somewhere over by the helm controls, maybe protected by the drivers seat would be reasonable. You may occasionally get sun on it but I can't think of anywhere better. Unless it gets wet, wind shouldn't be an issue, right?
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

In the recess area above your cupholders and main cabin speakers. Out of the sun, out of sight.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    In the recess area above your cupholders and main cabin speakers. Out of the sun, out of sight.
    I'd thought about that spot too.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

My probe was different, but I put it in the air hose from one of the intakes on the drivers side. Under the dash, clear of the sun. Fresh air across when moving. Wind does not affect temps on inanimate objects. Wind flow will give a better sample of actual temperature.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

I thought about that spot which should work well while moving due to the fresh air but I think that area would really cook in the sun without air movement.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold