Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default 2000 Moomba Outback Mod Thread

So I decided that I wanted to try out Plasti Dip on the platform. I got the first layer of primer down. Looking to do 3 coats color, 2 coats clear. See how she turns out soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Making slow progress using the Plasti Dip, few more coats to even it up and it will get clear coated then hung on the boat.

Turned out pretty good, and has a good texture to it. I planned on hydro turfing the platform but I don't think I need to anymore.

Anyone who wants to do this, buy several cans more than you think you need. I used 1 can of white to prime the surface, 4 cans of blue, and 1 can of clear. I honestly could have used another can of blue to even it out more and another can of clear. Not hard to use, goes on just like spray paint.

I'll keep you guys posted on how it holds up on the water, high traffic, sun, etc.

This is really interesting because the stuff is able to be picked off when you get tired of it. Most of us would not have tried it for this application. So, we are interested in hearing your thoughts. I doubt many of us will transform our factory platforms. But, as folks construct their own surf platforms in various shapes, this might be something that is extremely helpful. So, thanks for taking the time to share your efforts and results.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Have to send the boat in for some heavy hitting. Tried everything under the sun to get the manifolds off and just don't have the tools for it. Dropping it off tomorrow to have it air chiseled off. Once that's done I'll throw on the new manifolds and risers.

I hope they are careful. There was a guy on here once upon a time who took his somewhere and they tried an air chisel to get his stuck oil filter off. Ended up cracking the block on a motor with less than 25 hrs. on it. Gotta be careful with those specialty tools.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Blue??? I must have missed something.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Come on man, everyone wants to look like the Death Star. You should be next.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I'm mixing things up a bit. Redoing the whole interior with grey and blue. Don't like doing the typical, wanted to mix it up!

Painted my new Manifolds and Risers while waiting to get my boat back from the shop. I'll have it back later tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully get everything hooked back up the same day and test it all out!