Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

SO after doing some research I pick up a new 3 Blade Acme Prop.
    http://www.wakemakers.com/acme-543-propeller.html
    acme-3-blade-propeller-propellers-1_1_18.jpg

I also picked up the replacement hardware kit. So after shipping it was right around $415.00.

I talked with a few companies to find out that my 1:1 drivetrain ratio make for more effective use out of a 3 blade than the 4 blade. So I am pulling off my 4 blade Acme Prop, getting it resurfaced, and will have it as my spare prop.

Quote Originally Posted by MoombaPat View Post
    After talking with liquid_acid about the perfect pass system and install I think I am going to go ahead and bite the bullet and get the Perfect Pass Stargazer Wake Edition S

http://perfectpass.com/?q=systems

Looking at about 1,200.00 for it but it seems like it will really be worth it!
    Personally, I think that the stargazer GPS edition is overrated. I ride on a river with current and the GPS is worse as you have to set it for one speed if you're going upstream and change it if you turn and go downstream. Plus the GPS is more expensive than the Wakeboard Pro paddlewheel edition.

If I didn't have anything on my boat, I'd save some money and get this:
    http://www.hydrophase.com/classic

I agree, I LOVE having speed control on my boat. and I happen to have the PP wakeboard pro. But paying extra for the GPS really only saves you some time/hassle on the install.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default 2000 Moomba Outback Mod Thread

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Personally, I think that the stargazer GPS edition is overrated. I ride on a river with current and the GPS is worse as you have to set it for one speed if you're going upstream and change it if you turn and go downstream. Plus the GPS is more expensive than the Wakeboard Pro paddlewheel edition.
    Guess I forgot to mention that aspect of the gps. I ride on a lake with little to no current so I am not affected by this. Good call. I do love my PP stargazer wake edition though. I can finally ride at a consistent speed. It seemed I was getting pulled at either 16 or 33mph.

I have the occasional current where I'm at but nothing substantial. But I am also moving up to VA, and not sure exactly where I will be riding at. I'm torn at this point. As you know, having that speed control is essential, just a hard point decision right now. I also look at the resale on this one a little bit. Seems like having the name, "Perfect Pass" would go a little farther when ever I decide to part with the old girl and go for a newer Moomba! If I'm off base on that feel free to let me know.

As always, I really appreciate the input. Keep it coming guys, all it can do is make my boat better!

Quote Originally Posted by MoombaPat View Post
    I also look at the resale on this one a little bit. Seems like having the name, "Perfect Pass" would go a little farther when ever I decide to part with the old girl and go for a newer Moomba! If I'm off base on that feel free to let me know.

As always, I really appreciate the input. Keep it coming guys, all it can do is make my boat better!
    I agree with this comment 100%. I would not look at a boat that did not have perfect pass.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Putting the old lady to work. Removed the old hydro turf, sanding down the old gel coat, getting ready for new paint and turf!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha. That's great.
    You get that perfect pass in?
    Post pics of the finished platform when you are completed.

I ordered it the other day, haven't had the chance to install yet. Having a nightmare getting the manifolds off. Have to take it in and have it air chiseled off... As usual, boat projects are the farthest from smooth!

Ya when you're working on an older boat, more problems always seem to come up. A quick project always seems to turn into all evening and a lot more beer.

Yeah, day in and day out! Lots of beer!