Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Winch and Bow Roller

Going to order some Trailer Items, any recommendations for a bow roller and a winch? Anyone tried the Stolz Ultimate Bow Roller? Also what size Roller for a 2008 Boatmate trailer for an XLV 3 or 4"?

Also I want to replace my winch and it is a 2 bolt Fulton. I was looking at the F2 and it looks like they are a 3 bolt?

Thanks

I went with the single speed enclosed Fulton F2 1600 pound.
    http://www.etrailer.com/Winches/Fulton/FW16000101.html

I think the trick would be to get the 1600 pound model, not the 2000 pound. not only will that save you money ($95) but it will allow you an easy 2 bolt install!

I can't remember if I had any minor hickups on the install, but it wasn't that big of deal. I know I didn't have to do any drilling or anything like that.

The flipping from forward to reverse on this winch is SOLID and you know you're engaged. It's attractive and has that cool enclosed look. I think it's plenty of winch for my XLV. I'm very happy with my purchase.

Check out this video and pause it at 0:22 and you'll see what the bottom of mine looked like. I was able to use 2 bolts just fine with mine.

http://www.etrailer.com/Winches/Fulton/FW16000101.html
    Last edited by trayson; 03-02-2015 at 06:58 PM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default Winch and Bow Roller

Might replace mine as well. Curious on what others have good experiences with.

2009 XLV (Sold)

Does the winch strap come installed? If not how do you get it tight in the spool?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    That's a great price.

Quote Originally Posted by JHutch View Post
    Does the winch strap come installed? If not how do you get it tight in the spool?
    I can't remember if the strap was installed or not, but I do know that I had to take the strap off to get the winch installed. Maybe for access to one of the bolt heads?

Anyway, you hook it up to your boat and start cranking. take in the slack as much as you can. keep cranking, it gets tighter and tighter. Dunno, that's what I did.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Did you install this with your boat on the trailer or did you take the boat off?

Thanks for the help btw

Quote Originally Posted by JHutch View Post
    Did you install this with your boat on the trailer or did you take the boat off?

Thanks for the help btw
    Um, with the boat on the trailer. In the driveway. Why would I take the boat off the trailer to do this?

For what it's worth, I do have a robust safety chain on my bow. so for that first trip if there was any slippage of the webbing, I did have the bow chain. But on dry carpet, my boat doesn't move.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I have the Fulton F2 Speed Winch.

http://www.amazon.com/Fulton-F2-Spee...JP58X06KAATY5Y

Difference is its rated at 3200LBs and it has 2 speeds to crank it at. With our Mojo we found out we could not let the boat be running when the prop crosses the V in the trailer. <prop guard> It was simply to close a margin and had caused prop strikes.

With the 2 speeds you can really crank it up fast and when the boat gets to that last foot you can go low gear and finish the job. Anyone can do it as its always very easy to crank.

This one does require 3 holes. The factory only comes with 2 holes. I choose to ignore the 3 holes, I added larger washers to keep it from slipping and eventually it broke.

I was able to talk them into a warranty claim, but I did drill new mounting holes. Both holes did line up, and work great the rest of the summer.

I highly recommend this Winch for the Mojo and Mondo as these 2 boats do not self center well on the trailer, and due to the way they moves the boats up on the trailer to limit length on the trailer the Prop crosses the trailer guard before the boat really has a chance to self align.

As for the strap, they come with a Strap installed, we swapped the strap out for a 5K strap. Just as Trayson said, Unwind it all the way, they tend to have a slot the strap goes through. Mine has a Bolt you remove and place it thought the strap.

Side view after it broke the base of the winch.

Bottom of the Winch.

Last edited by mmandley; 03-04-2015 at 10:37 AM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

just ordered the F2 for $70 from amazon.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190