Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Replying to Topic 'Swim Platform staining upholstery'

YES. No one will return e-mails. I think they hope it will just go away.

Default Replying to Topic 'Swim Platform staining upholstery'

Just be patient... SC is really good at looking after us. We are all their best advertisments!! Chances are if they havent gotten back to you maybe they havent figured out a solution yet.

Cheers!
    2005 Moomba Outback

Default Swim Platform Cover

Does anyone have any ideas for a swim platform cover?....I was going to measure and find something compatible in size at Wally World..like a barbecue grill cover or something..Thanks

Would there be any interest in having some custom made ? My friend is looking for some side $. She offered to make me one for cost plus a ride or two. She says she can get good quality water repellant marine canvas in basic colors (black, grey, blue) and make a sinch cord at the base.

What would be a good price for these ?

Do a lot of you keep your boats outside?

Curious,

Joe

Joe,
    I would be interested if the price were reasonable. Not sure about price, maybe $25 to $40? How much does the material cost?

-Chris

Wow! The cheapy thin tops we use to cover the covers are $60 at WalMart. Those are made of shiney paper.

She was thinking ~$125, but we talked and it looks like she can do them for ~$95 if we get a few and stick to a single color. The swim platform is about 1/5 the size of the boat and those covers cost over $500 - so it makes sense.

This is heavy duty water resistant poly canvas - not cheap !

If no one wants this, then I won't put in the effort to go make patterns of all the boats. I thought it would be a cool thing to offer - like a rack jack - a little overlooked, but really convienient item for SC owners.

Maybe I'll just have mine made then everyone else can be jelous.

-Joe

Has anyone out there stripped their old one to install Gator Grip or another material? How'd you do it? I think I'll make that one of my winter projects.

Quote Originally Posted by AZHeet
    Has anyone out there stripped their old one to install Gator Grip or another material? How'd you do it? I think I'll make that one of my winter projects.
    Stripping the old platform material is an absolute b@#ch! The older ones like mine that have the black "foam" pad instead of the hard pad come off in two pieces. The black foam comes off real easy, put it leaves a clear plastic this is glued to the platform with some type of bonding agent that was designed by Lucifer himself. I used gasoline to remove it, followed up with rubbing alcohol to reomve the oily surface left by the gas. I replaced mine with the same one that is on the 07 models. I have not seen the black marks since, but only time will tell.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

I asked my dealer here in SE MI for help on this many times with the same response, "Moomba has no fix" for my 03 Outback. I tried that 303 stuff this year, does not work for more than 1 or 2 outings. I keep my boat on a hoist, and the platform gets sun every night when the sun gets past what the canopy covers. What I found is using a scrub brush with some dish soap(lake friendly) before each use. A pain, but no black marks on white interior. I have even considered going to a Teak platform. 1 time a year work vs. every time out. I really wish Moomba would fix this.

Default Black footprints from swimplatform

I've got an '03 LSV with the same issue. I recently took a brillo pad to pull off some of the oxidized rubber. Helped for a day or two but the footprints came back. Has anyone tried coating the platform with some non-skid like used on windsurfers or sailboat decks?