Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow Surf

Default Flow Surf

1. Does Flow Surf make a noticeable difference?

2. What difference? Bigger wake or longer wake?

Thanks for any response!

Default Flow Surf

Quote Originally Posted by kerryoneal View Post

Thanks for any response!
    1. Yes
    2. Yes & yes

Above is my experience with the manual flow system and the video I've seen would indicate the same for the auto flow system.

Are you talking the manual or the new auto flow. Both allow for more even weighting and a less listed boat. On most boats you can build just as good of wave with listing. But changing 1500 lbs side to side takes a while and a lot of people don't feel comfortable with a 10-15 degree listed boat. The surf systems do away with some of that.

Honestly the hull produces the weight, the flow probably isn't going to make it bigger. Weight will do that. It just changes how you weight the boat and makes things much easier.
    1998 MC Maristar 225VRS(for sale)
    2014 Tige RZR-sold
    2013 Tige RZR-sold

Default Auto Flow Surf Pics

Here are four pics from a recent 2015 Mojo test ride - auto flow surf package with four people in the boat including the driver. I think we could have dialed the wave in better, however I didn't have the time as I was going to demo a Centurion Enzo after the Mojo.

I also ordered a 15 Mojo. Upon arrival, the dealer will be replacing the factory rear ballast with 1,100 lbs bags. They'll also recalibrate the rear ballast fill indicator to account for the added fill time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul
    2015 Mojo, Surf Edition
    Lake Texoma

Quote Originally Posted by kerryoneal View Post

Thanks for any response!
    If you are asking about the Manual Flow, yes to the all the above, Its worth every penny in my opinion.

You can run literally Less weight in the boat and using the Flow get the same size wave, push, and better length.

You can do a search through the Wakesurfing topic and find plenty of posts, pictures, threads on my experience before and after the flow.

For our 13 Mojo with no Flow we ran 1500s in the rear to get our big monster wave.
    After Flow we run 900 rears, same size wave more push and more length.
    That is on the Regular side

On the Goofy
    Before Flow 1500
    After still a 1500 but with Flow we have a much longer wave and more push now.

If you are referring to the Auto Flow, can't really speak on that, haven't been behind one yet.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Flow Surf

I'm really thinking about having the manual flow installed in March. Unless there is a better option
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Woody929 View Post
    I'm really thinking about having the manual flow installed in March. Unless there is a better option
    For the 12 currently No. I think you would be very happy with the Flow on your LSV. I know the wave the LSV can make and I bet if I would have had my LSV still the wave would be that much better.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Flow Surf

I am adding flow to my 12 Mojo as well. Mmandley's doucumentation has sold me on it! Also ordering the 900 bags for the rear lockers

2012 Mojo

My Moomba Lives in Eagle River, WI - We Live in Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMojo View Post
    I am adding flow to my 12 Mojo as well. Mmandley's doucumentation has sold me on it! Also ordering the 900 bags for the rear lockers

2012 Mojo
    Based on everything here in the forum as well as talking to a few other folks, I've just ordered the Flow for my '14 LSV. The delaer has the parts in stock and it should be going on next month. Unfortunately, we're still buried in snow up here in the great Midwest so I won't be able to get it on our lake until the ice goes out, but hoping for some Memorial Day surfing with a bigger and better wave (in a wetsuit as it will likely be 56 degree water like last year!).

I did look at the Auto Flow, but based on the significant difference in cost ($950 for Flow vs $2,600 quoted price for Auto Flow), I opted to save the cash for other mods. I was also a bit wary of the potential complications of retrofitting the Auto Flow to my '14 LSV and the additional ways that it could cause problems down the road. It's hard to see how the manual surf gates can go wrong!

Default Flow Surf

I dropped mine off yesterday to have the Flow installed. Hopefully I can pick it up on Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm looking forward to it.
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)