My Moomba Lives in Eagle River, WI - We Live in Chicago

Default Question on a 2014 LSV Bow Speaker Installation

Gents - I'm looking for some guidance and advice on installing bow speakers in our '14 LSV:

First - I understand that the bow speakers are pre-wired and the speaker holes are already cut out behind the vinyl. If so, I assume that I don't need to add any additional amp, so is this a relatively straightforward DIY project?

Second - If I freak out about cutting up my new boat's interior, what should I expect tp pay for an installation (exclusive of the cost of the speakers)?

Thanks for the help!

Reach up under the seat and feel around, it's pretty straight forward. It's a 10 min job do not pay someone. Got to get your feet wet sooner or later. You may also press on the area you think the speaker goes and feel the rough opening.

PWI as usual...

Did my 12 Mojo and it was a breeze. Find the center of the opening and cut a small x in the material. Fold your vinyl back behind the cut out and install the speaker. It was a little nerve racking cutting the brand new vinyl but its easy and has held up perfectly for 3 seasons. No need to pay anyone.
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

Quote Originally Posted by North Woods Mobius View Post
    Gents - I'm looking for some guidance and advice on installing bow speakers in our '14 LSV:

First - I understand that the bow speakers are pre-wired and the speaker holes are already cut out behind the vinyl. If so, I assume that I don't need to add any additional amp, so is this a relatively straightforward DIY project?

Second - If I freak out about cutting up my new boat's interior, what should I expect tp pay for an installation (exclusive of the cost of the speakers)?

Thanks for the help!
    To answer your question, Honestly I wouldn't pay a Shop more then 1 to 1.5 hours to do this, and that is with them installing the speakers.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Anymore I have a hard time letting other people walk all over my boat! Once you start getting your hands dirty and figuring some of this stuff out you realize that you will treat your stuff way better than anyone else! And typically you can save some coin for future mods by tackling it yourself. It becomes therapy (or a bad addiction)? Depends on perspective i guess!!
    On second thought........It may be cheaper to just pay someone else and be done with it LOL

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Know this is an old thread, but would anyone happen to have a picture of the location of the bow speaker on a 2013/2014 Moomba LSV? I'm thinking about getting one installed and was curious of where the cutout and speaker wire is located. Boat is a couple hours away so can't check myself.

Thanks!
    Greg