Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Adding Ballasts to Gravity III package on 2006 XLV

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to adding ballasts and to boats since our 2006 XLV gravity games edition that we bought came with the gravity III package but after a few years with it I'm just trying to get a little extra out of the wake.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to replace the rear passenger side locker with an 1100# Fly high sac since surfing has probably been what we use it most for and that should really sit the back corner down. This is specifically what I was planning on and hoping that it will be able to keep everything out of sight (that is definitely top priority). http://www.wakemakers.com/supra-and-...r-upgrade.html

I might also swap out the other side (driver side rear locker) for a 750# one to partially fill for surfing then fill completely for wakeboarding, do you guys think that would be a good step up from the g III package that has either 250 or 400# bags back there? sorry I can't remember off the top of my head.

With all that weight in the back I've read that the front definitely needs to be weighed down or else the wake will get washed out too early, so I was wondering if there is anyway that I can kind of like daisy chain a couple bags together off of the hose/pump that is already ran to the center bag in the basement? Basically just wanting to buy an extra, I don't know like 250-400# bag, or maybe just move the bag from one of the rear lockers right now up to in the bow and somehow tap into the hose pumping into the center bag. Is this possible? I'm in college right now about 4 hours from my boat thats in storage right now so unfortunately I can't look at things first hand or take measurements so hopefully some of you could help me out with what I can look into buying for my first ever winter upgrades

Oh and I have read so far that with all that extra weight a new prop is a really good idea so I planned on purchasing an Acme 1235 along with the ballasts when I make that purchase.

You are definitely on the right track. If you are going to buy a new bag for the drivers side anyway, I'd say go with another 1100. Your goofy surfing friends will appreciate the few extra bucks you spent. You might consider getting this bag and adding a few feet of hose to make your own setup for less money: http://www.wakemakers.com/wakemakers...0lbs-4836.html

If you've still got the original ballast pump system you are in for a painfully long wait. Consider this: http://www.wakemakers.com/supra-moom...m-upgrade.html

Acme 1235 is a proven winner.

Don't forget about the 10% Moomba discount!

The 1180 in the center locker aka the basement is also highly recommended for the X.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    You are definitely on the right track. If you are going to buy a new bag for the drivers side anyway, I'd say go with another 1100. Your goofy surfing friends will appreciate the few extra bucks you spent. You might consider getting this bag and adding a few feet of hose to make your own setup for less money: http://www.wakemakers.com/wakemakers...0lbs-4836.html

If you've still got the original ballast pump system you are in for a painfully long wait. Consider this: http://www.wakemakers.com/supra-moom...m-upgrade.html

Acme 1235 is a proven winner.

Don't forget about the 10% Moomba discount!
    Cool, that's nice to hear that I have the right idea going. How easy is it to extend the factory hose instead of buying the preassembled extension that I linked to? It looks like I could save $50 per rear bag if I just extend it myself but I'm not too confident in myself to be able to do it correctly unless its really as easy as cutting it, putting in a coupler and then clamping in the extra hose.

As far as the upgraded pumping system goes I'm gonna have to pass for now since that about how much I wanted to spend in the first place for adding bags and the prop. Is there a kit that I could get to just get a quicker pump? I'm definitely getting cold feet to cut through the hull too.

What do you guys think about adding a y splitter before the center bag right now and run the additional hose to my extra 400# bag in the bow? That would be along with the 1180# one in the center locker.

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    The 1180 in the center locker aka the basement is also highly recommended for the X.
    I'm pretty sure that's what is in there right now, whatever came with the gravity iii package. It just seems like it's really centered in the boat and an extra one in the bow will help get the nose down and plow out more water for a longer, cleaner wake.

I had a 650 on top and it helped a bunch, do to the bow configuration the ibs work , so I am adding two 260 side bags to the bow . I forgot the Gravity package upgrade was the 1180 and 565 in the rear..

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    I had a 650 on top and it helped a bunch, do to the bow configuration the ibs work , so I am adding two 260 side bags to the bow . I forgot the Gravity package upgrade was the 1180 and 565 in the rear..
    Ibs work? Sorry not quite following what you are recommending. What do you think is the best way to plumb the hoses to the front two bags?

Integrated bow sac.

With the reversible pumps I was just going to piggy back off the 1180 with a tee and tie in the vent , it will just take more time to fill.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Default Adding Ballasts to Gravity III package on 2006 XLV

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelH View Post
    Sorry not quite following what you are recommending.
    He's drunk on Sam Adams Cold Snap

So I could y split the hose leading to the center one and have it go to the center 1180# in the center locker then add this one I linked to have the extra hose to that?
    http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-i...d-bow-sac.html

Would draining be the same? Also not sure what the vent does, at this point I'm just accepting that filling will take a while and I'll try to get that going early and maybe the first run will just be a warm up haha (that's okay to drive and fill at the same time right?)