Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Snap cover or travel cover, looking for user feedback, pros/cons

Have a 2015 mondo on order and am trying to decide between a travel cover or a snap cover. Concerns are: 1) Will a travel cover rubbing cause any dulling or hazing of the cear coat? 2) How well a snap cover will travel?
    Any opinions or user feedback appreciated

I use my snap cover to travel all the time. I've gone as far as 600 miles one way with no issues even at 80 MPH.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

I had a snap cover on my Outback and traveled with it all the time. It wasn't OEM though as I had a custom cover made so it pulled tight with no poles so I could tow with it.
    That being said, If ordering a new boat I would never order one with snaps. They always work their way out eventually and I like the clean look of no snaps on the gel. Personal preference!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

supra had snap cover. travelled with it all the time with no issues.
    tige has a travel cover. again travelled with it and no issues.

second vikings opinion. I'll avoid snapcovers on any boats going fwd as the snaps eventually wear/tear out and I don't like the look of snaps all over a boat.

look into an evolution travel cover. never bought one but price seems to be similar to factory covers and heard they are the bomb.. MMandleys was sure nice looking on his old lsv..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    If ordering a new boat I would never order one with snaps. They always work their way out eventually and I like the clean look of no snaps on the gel. Personal preference!
    Completely agree - love the smooth, snap free lines. I'm running a strapless custom cover - not Evolution but similar. Haven't had any issues with the fiberglass but I have seen the tops/edges of the vinyl in the bow get some dirtiness from the cover rubbing/flapping some at freeway speeds. It cleans right off though.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

My cover is a travel cover and it's great. It was on my XLV for an over 2000 mile drive from Indiana to WA. Was just fine.

It has webbing around it, built in vents, snaps for the tenting poles for the bow and cabin, and a ratchet strap to get it tight. The ratchet strap is padded to keep it from marring the finish. Also has a pair of webbing loops that go to the tie down eyes.

I love the fact that in late summer or early spring if the boat's parked outside with the cover on, that I can leave it on to protect the boat from the morning dew and bring the boat with me to work. Everything's tucked away still under the cover. then I can take the cover off at the launch and everything's nice and dry.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default Re: Snap cover or travel cover, looking for user feedback, pros/cons

I just got my first snap on cover and never going back. Saves me so much time, I hand someone the cover and point to the first snap and they do it.. Not so with the other covers..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I prefer the snap on vs the pull over version. I believe the bow of the Mondo is similar to the Mojo. The factory pull over type is a PITA to put on without someone to hold the front in place. I wish I had gone with the snaps. Much easier, like parrothd said.
    2014 MOJO 345 Surf - Sold
    2005 Mobius LSV, carb - Sold

That's an interesting take on the snap-on cover. I agree, it was simple for a guest to walk down the boat snapping buttons. I don't bother explaining how the strap one works, even though its simple.

However, I have broken buttons and some that have fallen off and the look drives me crazy like the others mentioned.

I'd go with no buttons for the sake of the gel if ordering a new boat, no question.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Default Re: Snap cover or travel cover, looking for user feedback, pros/cons

Why not replace the missing parts, pretty easy to do..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead