Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If you look at your other cabin speakers, they are mounted into the same type of plastic and use standard black sheet metal screws. Just don't overtighten. The plastic will strip.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

serreid - where are you located in OR... Portland area?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I would probably suggest stainless screws in the bow. Most likely will get wet and you do not want ant rust.

Quote Originally Posted by jstenger View Post
    If you look at your other cabin speakers, they are mounted into the same type of plastic and use standard black sheet metal screws. Just don't overtighten. The plastic will strip.
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

Yes I live In the Portland area. I do see in my exhile box that they do come with screws...

Cool. I've in the Couv and from June - Sept we are regularly on the Columbia. Perhaps we could meet up in the future.

Newty and Trayson (locals) are kinda scary, speaking from experience. I can mentally prepare you for a meet and greet though...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by serreid View Post
    Hello everyone I am looking for advice on how to install bow speakers on my 2014 Mondo. I bought Xhile 6.5 for all my 6 speakers but I have to somehow cut holes in the plastic in the bow. I see there is already speaker wires there on each side from the factory. Does anyone have any advice on how to do this install?
    Serreid....I just did this in my 2014 mondo and I used a 5 inch hole saw.....piece of cake.
    2014 Mondo
    Ski Lockers - 1000# customs
    750 IBS

Quote Originally Posted by mbusch5 View Post
    Serreid....I just did this in my 2014 mondo and I used a 5 inch hole saw.....piece of cake.

Awesome thanks. Yea yesterday I installed my 4 cabin Exhile speakers so in the next week or so I will be doing and cutting the front 2. I will go buy a 5 inch hole saw. Is there any specific type of hole saw I should buy?

Quote Originally Posted by mbusch5 View Post
    I couldn't find one for less than $35 so I bought a Harbor Freight special....a whole kit with like 15 sizes for $10... 5" being the largest......I know they aren't top quality but I don't use them very often.
    2014 Mondo
    Ski Lockers - 1000# customs
    750 IBS