Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2014 Mondo bow speaker install help

Hello everyone I am looking for advice on how to install bow speakers on my 2014 Mondo. I bought Xhile 6.5 for all my 6 speakers but I have to somehow cut holes in the plastic in the bow. I see there is already speaker wires there on each side from the factory. Does anyone have any advice on how to do this install?

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=19032
    Exiled...

Go to post 26 and start reading.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

The holes should be precut and prewired from the factory. Locate the holes and trim the vinyl back. On my Mojo I cut an x in the vinyl and folded it back behind the cutouts. Vey simple, just alittle nerve racking to cut brand new vinyl!
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

Quote Originally Posted by smorris7 View Post
    The holes should be precut and prewired from the factory. Locate the holes and trim the vinyl back. On my Mojo I cut an x in the vinyl and folded it back behind the cutouts. Vey simple, just alittle nerve racking to cut brand new vinyl!
    It is a black hard piece that I will be cutting into right next to the cup holders. Not a cushion type of material. Yes there there are pre run wires back behind from the factory. Is it flimsy enough to just cut with a razor blade?

Quote Originally Posted by serreid View Post
    It is a black hard piece that I will be cutting into right next to the cup holders. Not a cushion type of material. Yes there there are pre run wires back behind from the factory. Is it flimsy enough to just cut with a razor blade?
    You are in the wrong spot if you feel a hard black piece.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

https://www.flickr.com/photos/moomba...57634667452471

There is a pic where it shows where the speaker goes and it feels like a plastic panel

Quote Originally Posted by serreid View Post
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/moomba...57634667452471

There is a pic where it shows where the speaker goes and it feels like a plastic panel
    I have the same boat and its a hard plastic facade. I am going to place some 6.5s as well and my plan is to get a 5" hole saw. I doubt you can cut through it with a razor or even get a decent circle in that tight space. I should be doing it soon and can update you. If you go first please update me.
    2014 Mondo
    Ski Lockers - 1000# customs
    750 IBS

Use a Dremel drill bit cutter, it should do the job no problem.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Sorry, my bad, forgot the Mondo bow speaker area was different than the LSV. The LSV has the speaker hole which is only covered with vinyl. That plastic piece on yours is only about an 1/8" thick. Use a Dremel like Jmvotto said, and cut carefully.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Quote Originally Posted by jstenger View Post
    Sorry, my bad, forgot the Mondo bow speaker area was different than the LSV. The LSV has the speaker hole which is only covered with vinyl. That plastic piece on yours is only about an 1/8" thick. Use a Dremel like Jmvotto said, and cut carefully.
    So what kind of screws should I mount these speakers into this plastic facade? Obviously I would cut small and keep working my way out just to make I don't cut out to much of a hole. Any advice on the type of cutting blade from dremmel?