Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mirror and Mount for 2015 Mojo

I have looked through several posts on mirrors and means of attaching them. I am at the point of making a decision for which I could use some feedback from folks who have experience. First of all, I am amazed at how much one can spend on a mirror if they want to.... geeez.

Option 1: PTM VE-140 with a folding windshield mount: ~$300
    Option 2: CIPA Vision 180 on a black anodizeed Samson tower mount: ~$400

Of course the ideal setup would be the PTM on the Samson mount but the $500 price tag is kind of freaking me out right now.

So, will I be better off with the better mirror (PTM) or the tower mount? Is the CIPA mirror significantly inferior to the PTM? Is forward visability better with a tower mounted mirror?
    Chris
    2015 Moomba Mojo
    Lake Wylie, SC

Not sure what will be best for you but I have a CIPA 180 and really like it.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

You don't like the one that came with your boat? It's a CIPA, not sure the model number, but it attaches to your windshield and easily removable for transporting. if you bought it at Southtown, there will be one in it when you pick it up. Mine was.
    2014 MOJO 345 Surf - Sold
    2005 Mobius LSV, carb - Sold

Both the CIPA 180 and PTM offer a much wider view than the factory mirror. The downside is both have a ball mount that is different than the standard mount (at least it was on my boat) requiring a new mount..

Quote Originally Posted by Badfoot View Post
    You don't like the one that came with your boat? It's a CIPA, not sure the model number, but it attaches to your windshield and easily removable for transporting. if you bought it at Southtown, there will be one in it when you pick it up. Mine was.
    I think when we were going through the selections and they said the after market one was a good value and I eliminated it from my selection sheet; that is the PTM mirror which I am sure is fine. Of course later I saw an LSV at a marina with one of those black anodized mounts and thought it was pretty slick. It got me wondering if the fold-down windshield mount is in the way when looking forward and having it higher up would be beneficial. So often when driving a boat I find that I like to look over the windshield rather than through it. Probably makes no sense.

In hindsight, I should have just ingnored this whole subject when ordering the boat and taken the CIPA that you got. So often I find myself overthinking something that really does not require the effort, very rarely does this save me money.
    Chris
    2015 Moomba Mojo
    Lake Wylie, SC

I love the tower mount from Samson , it does not block my view in my opinion. Looking forward.
    Buy from bakesonline and mention Moomba forum and you should get at discount 5 to 10 %.

Only problem I have is that my 4 exile xm 9 get in my rear view.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I have the PTM mirror and it is the best mirror I have had in a boat. I have not even seen the new CIPA though. It is really worth it to always see the rider/skier/tuber. If surfing is your thing, I wouldn't bother.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Quick pic of the CIPA 180

Somewhere behind all those speakers there's a surfer.

If you concentrate you can almost see them.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    I love the tower mount from Samson , it does not block my view in my opinion. Looking forward.
    Buy from bakesonline and mention Moomba forum and you should get at discount 5 to 10 %.

Only problem I have is that my 4 exile xm 9 get in my rear view.
    Agreed!

2012 Mojo