View Poll Results: Should I criss cross my rear bag drain hoses?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: have the port drain on the starboard side

3 50.00%
  • No: have the bags drain on their respective sides of the boat

3 50.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Poll: Should I criss-cross my drain hoses, so my Port bag drains to Starboard?

So, I'm torn. I've been told that if I criss-cross my drain hoses and have my port bag drain on my starboard side and have my starboard rear bag drain on the port side that it will help decrease the passive draining when I'm listed and the drain thru-hull is lower than the top of my bag.

However, the part of me that likes things logical and orderly doesn't like the idea that when I drain the port bag, that the water will shoot out on the OTHER side.

So, what do you all think? Function first?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default Poll: Should I criss-cross my drain hoses, so my Port bag drains to Starboard?

Function first. I cross vented and it did not take very long to associate the full side vs the venting side.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

wish I would have done mine when installing the larger bag and extra fill/drain pump. I also need to cross the vent lines.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    So, I'm torn. I've been told that if I criss-cross my drain hoses and have my port bag drain on my starboard side and have my starboard rear bag drain on the port side that it will help decrease the passive draining when I'm listed and the drain thru-hull is lower than the top of my bag.

However, the part of me that likes things logical and orderly doesn't like the idea that when I drain the port bag, that the water will shoot out on the OTHER side.

So, what do you all think? Function first?
    Do you mean drain or vent?
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Just hit the fill pump a couple times , back to 100%
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

The only reason to cross vent or drain, is if your listing so hard your ports are under water.

You can also stop this by using 1 was vents.

On my LSV I listed it so hard the ports would be under water and this would cause water to go in the drains, not really a big deal. Just keeps that bag full lol.

When you drain it and its under water, it really doesn't matter because the pump is power full enough to push the water out the bag and back into the lake.

I just don't see you listing your boat this hard Trayson, not with all the work you did on the Supra to make it NOT list when you surf.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Re: Poll: Should I criss-cross my drain hoses, so my Port bag drains to Starboard?

I cross vents/drains, when you surf the bag will drain, at least mine did..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Well, right now I have the stock ballast system with 1 fill, and one drain and no vent. When I am listing surfing, the water will drain from my surfside bag out the drain because the top of the bag is higher than the drain thru hull.

For my new setup (still aerator), I'm going to have a drain and a vent line coming from each bag. So I'm thinking it would probably be good to have the port bag drain AND vent to the starboard.

Can't hurt, right?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I would definately drain AND vent to the opposite side. You will get used to it. I did the same on my 2010 OBV.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Make sure you also put the thru hulls as far forward in the rear compartments as possible.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon