Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default seadeck flooring

has anyone done seadeck instead of carpet? i have seen the threads about people not doing it because of the flooring panel gaps.
    2008 moomba lsv

Quote Originally Posted by togan9 View Post
    has anyone done seadeck instead of carpet? i have seen the threads about people not doing it because of the flooring panel gaps.
    I did the hydroturf route instead of seadek. Not to hard if you have the time and patience. Here's the
    Link.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ight=HydroTurf
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

What gaps? The template should be drawn so a floor panel gets its own section of sea deck and table mounts and round floor accesses are open. A section of sea deck should not bridge a gap. The hardest part is doing the template for a boat they do not already have one on hand for. Ive put it down in a buddy's last two boats. Application is pretty straight forward. Took about 2 hours total to do a walkway, helm, port locker, main floor and 2 narrow side pieces.

thanks guys, is hydro better than sea?
    2008 moomba lsv

I don't know if it's better. A lot like seadek better but for me hydro was easier and cheaper. You can just buy the sheets and make your own templates and cut to fit vs ordering a template from seadek then sending it to them to cut the sheets for you. I always wondered if I was a little off on my cuts I could just trim a bit at a time but wouldn't want to have to trim seadek that I payed extra for someone else to cut.

If that makes sense. Sorry still waking up
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

You can just order up sheets of seadek too. They have different colors and thickness just like hydro. You DON'T have to make a template and have them cut it although that's an option. Still think Hydro will come in cheaper but sheets are an option with both!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Default Re: seadeck flooring

Hydro is softer..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I like the texture of sea deck better
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

any idea how much a precut from seadeck is for an 08 lsv? ballpark
    2008 moomba lsv

You can order samples of hydroturf and they will ship them to you pretty much the next day. BTW, they told me they just got in a new "brown" color and it's not on their site yet. Won't help you but maybe somebody.

UPDATE: Nevermind the brown. It is really fugly. Kinda orangy like mud mixed with GA clay. They could have called it "cinnamon".
    Last edited by kaneboats; 01-27-2015 at 01:43 PM.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!