Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Alright fellas...post Mondo Stereo Pics Please!!!

Going to do up my Mondo when I get it from the dealer. Just curious on what you guys are putting in?

I want to do a kicker six pack on the rack and get some bass. Just not sure what everyone is fitting on this boat? Thanks!!!

Still working on it.....My stereo should be arriving soon....going with Wetsounds....XS-650's in the cabin, pair of Rev 10's on the tower, JL Audio 12" W3v3 Sub under the helm. Syn 6 for the cabins and sub, Syn 4 for the towers. I'm working on my sub enclosure now, probably build it this weekend after many hours of measuring....it's a tight area under there. Ill post some pics as I go. Would love to see other Mondo setups as well.....
    2014 Mondo
    Ski Lockers - 1000# customs
    750 IBS

Thanks, looking forward to the pics. I will post mine as well...good luck!

My setup will be all Kicker...

(4) KM8's on tower
    (2) 400.4 for tower
    (4) Km6's in stock cabin locations
    (1) 400.2 for cabin
    (2) KM6's in the bow
    (1) 400.2 for the bow
    (1) L712 under the dash
    (1) 1200.1 for sub
    (4) ZXMLRC for sub, tower, cabin & bow

Quote Originally Posted by BrettLee3232 View Post
    My setup will be all Kicker...

(4) KM8's on tower
    (2) 400.4 for tower
    (4) Km6's in stock cabin locations
    (1) 400.2 for cabin
    (2) KM6's in the bow
    (1) 400.2 for the bow
    (1) L712 under the dash
    (1) 1200.1 for sub
    (4) ZXMLRC for sub, tower, cabin & bow
    Are you able to fit a 12" under the dash with the hump? I spent hours trying to get a box for my 12 to fit with no luck. I just wouldn't be able to get the hump back in with a box there. I think I am switching to a 10 and having it show through to get the most sound from it.....hopefully it's as loud as 12" would be enclosed underneath. I can slide a box for a 10 right in without removing anything.
    2014 Mondo
    750 IBS

Quote Originally Posted by mbusch5 View Post
    Are you able to fit a 12" under the dash with the hump? I spent hours trying to get a box for my 12 to fit with no luck. I just wouldn't be able to get the hump back in with a box there. I think I am switching to a 10 and having it show through to get the most sound from it.....hopefully it's as loud as 12" would be enclosed underneath. I can slide a box for a 10 right in without removing anything.

I haven't done any measuring yet but I was going to glass in a custom box. If not I'll do a L710

I put in JL's last year simply because I had pulled some of the stuff from my old boat. I put a IB JL-10" sub under the helm. I ran it free air last year and it sounded pretty good. There were a lot of folks who suggested I put it in an enclosure. That is one of my projects this winter. So far it is a crazy looking box (due to the limitations under the helm). I am just under the recommended enclosure cubic feet for the sub when making it a sealed installation. I was able to finally get the box to fit under the helm. I kind of wish I had spent the time seeing if I could reroute some cables. But I am going to finish this box and see how it sounds. I added a few pictures below.

Last edited by marman; 01-18-2015 at 05:57 PM.
    Mark
    2014 Mondo
    2013 Yamaha AR190 - Gone...

Default Alright fellas...post Mondo Stereo Pics Please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mbusch5 View Post
    I know Ian was able to get a 12" in a 2013 with the fiberglass hump. I am actually removing the hump in my 2014 like a couple others on here have done.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Default Alright fellas...post Mondo Stereo Pics Please!!!

Here is a link to his thread.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=19032
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Quote Originally Posted by marman View Post
    I put in JL's last year simply because I had pulled some of the stuff from my old boat. I put a IB JL-10" sub under the helm. I ran it free air last year and it sounded pretty good. There were a lot of folks who suggested I put it in an enclosure. That is one of my projects this winter. So far it is a crazy looking box (due to the limitations under the helm). I am just under the recommended enclosure cubic feet for the sub when making it a sealed installation. I was able to finally get the box to fit under the helm. I kind of wish I had spent the time seeing if I could reroute some cables. But I am going to finish this box and see how it sounds. I added a few pictures below.

Mark, looks good. That's what I am doing now. Switched to a 10,and will have it come through the board above the hump. I wanted to keep the factory look so taking the hump away permanently wasn't an option. I was able to fit a box for a 12 but I couldn't get the hump back in with it in place. I am building a box that will slide right in and rest on the hump with the speaker coming through....

Did you center it on the stearing wheel?
    2014 Mondo
    750 IBS