Default Boat Storage Space Rental?

About 14 years ago I bought a 48’x48’ Metal Building on 3.6 acres 2 miles out of town (Hillsboro Ohio). It has been great, storing boats, and miscellaneous junk, but I have a second metal building and I don’t need it.

I’m trying to figure out if it is rentable and at what price. I bought it before the boat or the lake house, so far that was a good plan but I’m done with it and I don’t need it for business any more either.

If I rented it, what do all of you pay for indoor storage? Half this would hold a boat and an RV and whatever junk went with both. Both halves would have their own door. It has electric if you want to pay for it. It is fully insulated with a seven year old roof.

Anyone want to share what they pay now to keep their gear?

I called an old Duck hunting friend I don’t see much anymore for an idea, he just wants to buy the building . He is taking me out duck hunting this Saturday so, he is off to a good start.
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth

Quote Originally Posted by smokedog2 View Post
    About 14 years ago I bought a 48’x48’ Metal Building on 3.6 acres 2 miles out of town (Hillsboro Ohio). It has been great, storing boats, and miscellaneous junk, but I have a second metal building and I don’t need it.

I’m trying to figure out if it is rentable and at what price. I bought it before the boat or the lake house, so far that was a good plan but I’m done with it and I don’t need it for business any more either.

If I rented it, what do all of you pay for indoor storage? Half this would hold a boat and an RV and whatever junk went with both. Both halves would have their own door. It has electric if you want to pay for it. It is fully insulated with a seven year old roof.

Anyone want to share what they pay now to keep their gear?

I called an old Duck hunting friend I don’t see much anymore for an idea, he just wants to buy the building . He is taking me out duck hunting this Saturday so, he is off to a good start.

I would think a 24'x48' unit that is insulated would go for $200-$300 a month at least.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I know this is not your area but were I live a 12'X30' with a 10'X12' door goes for $211 a month.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

I am in IL and out in the county not to many big towns around.

our ski club has a shed, we rent two space out a year with a 12'x8' garage door roughly (16'x30') and you have to buy a year member ship with the club at $120 and the space rent is $40 a month. So it comes out at $50 a month and the only power is two light in each bay. (this is rock floor no insulation) It is always tough getting someone in there but it seems as soon as it is rented, we have 5 other people wanting to rent a space.
    I would say your double the space on each side and It sound a little nicer, so I would say around me I would expect around $100 a side.
    2007 supra 21v

You might think about having a written agreement that says you are not liable for any damage but they are liable for any damage to the unit. You can go to a storage facility nearby and tell them you are thinking about renting a unit but you want to read over the agreement first and get a copy from them.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

$200 a month in DFW for dry storage 12x35 12 foot door with garage door opener and power.
    2009 XLV (Sold)

Smokedog??????

THE smokedog - as in Jeff M?

Good to hear from you. I was thinking about you when I went up to Cinci for the Steelers/Bengals game in December. Also went to visit a cousin who lives about a mile from Yellow Springs.

I looked into storage last summer. Around here (central Florida) you can have your boat stored on racks in a huge building. The owners put your boat in and out of the water for you with a giant forklift. Cost is $100/month
    Last edited by slipperyrockTKE300; 01-22-2015 at 01:14 PM.

Outdoor covered space runs about $100 per month.

Indoor storage (heated) with no access (you drop boat off, they store, you call ahead and they tell you when they can have it ready for you) runs about $200-250 per month.

Indoor storage similar to what you have listed 16x40 is $450 per month.
    Derek & Poppy
    2010 Mobius LSV Sandrock/Fossil
    Gravity III ballast, wake plate, Z5, LEDs from Oznium (cup holders, helm, transom)
    Exile SX65M Cabin Speakers w/ Exile XM 15.4
    Exile SXT9Q Tower Speakers w/ Exile XM 30.2
    Exile 12" sub w/ XM12.1
    Exile ZLD MKII

Hey Ed,

Yea I'm still here.I was guessing $200 a side but I already have a duck hunter interested in it. I'll sell it if I can.

Lots going on, I don't get to post much anymore. I have a friend who got their boat dropped at one of those stack places. Not for me.

SD2
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    I know this is not your area but were I live a 12'X30' with a 10'X12' door goes for $211 a month.
    $300+ in our neck of the woods. I want to open a storage lot...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...