Hybrid View

Default LSV 2008 Front ballast Upgrade

After the big ballast upgrade I did a couple years ago - posted here , I decide to add ballast under the front seat & right seat (behind the driver seat).

The extra ballast in the front allows for a cleaner wakeboard wake. I used external ballast bag for a while (the Ronix 8.3, which is great, but I'm tired getting wet, especially in Winder) so I decided to add a new pump, and while I'm at this did a system with a Y valves to also fill a bag under the right seat/bench (for goofy surfers).

Photos of the steps and results here:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/jixim/...7648030411824/

Default LSV 2008 Front ballast Upgrade

Looks good!

Nice upgrade! We're thinking about adding a custom bow bag for that generation LSV as there is quite a bit more capacity available, and that weight forward obviously helps the wake a significant amount.

Is that something you guys think there would be some demand for?

Hi Jason,
    Yes there's clearly more room and with a custom bag it would get extra pounds of ballast, but the custom bag would need to be priced close to the "standard" fligh high pro sac, which is already $270. I maybe would have spent and extra ~$50 for a custom bag, but not more.
    Having a bit of room left in the bow under the seat is actually convenient to keep some life jacket and smaller stuff.

PS: I forgot to mention that all parts for the upgrade came from WakeMakers!

JC

I hear you on the pricing, now that we have our own bag production in house we're able to be much more competitive on custom bag pricing, and we can do a lot more with the actual shape of the bag.

jixim, so it sounds like you now have 4 pumps. You added the 4th pump that is dedicated for the IBS? So does the bag fill from the bottom of one of the legs and then it vents from the top of the bag at the bow? Did you drill a new hole for the vent to go out the side of the boat? Did you need to put a check valve in the vent line?
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwm View Post
    Nice upgrade! We're thinking about adding a custom bow bag for that generation LSV as there is quite a bit more capacity available, and that weight forward obviously helps the wake a significant amount.

Is that something you guys think there would be some demand for?
    Great idea. I'd go with the Sumo 750 shape and add around a foot to each leg.

yes there is