Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

I guess I can't see where you are tying into the engine unless you disconnected the inlet hose from the bottom of the boat.? I guess I will just tie into the impeller housing unless I hear otherwise from you guys. I am waiting for my oil and filter to be delivered and then I will post pictures of my set up. Then I will inspect the impeller as I ordered one of those too.

Thanks Jordy

2007, thats right. Viking was referring to hooking up your garden hose fitting to the suction side of the impeller housing. Viking was essentially doing the same thing but because he had a sea strainer installed he was hooking up to the sea strainer housing (which feeds the suction side of the impeller housing). If you ever need help just drop a line. I have the same boat

Successful first oil change. Learned a few things too. 1. It takes a while to drain the oil without an pump 2.Removing the oil filter is a messy job. 3. When you clean up put in the cooler plug so the oil and degreaser doesn't run in the cooler. Next I will have to learn how to change the transmission fluid.image.jpgimage.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Moomba2007 View Post
    It takes a while to drain the oil without an pump 2.Removing the oil filter is a messy job. 3. When you clean up put in the cooler plug so the oil and degreaser doesn't run in the cooler.
    Make sure and run the engine to get it up to temp before draining oil. That should help. Use the same extractor for the tranny fluid as you do the engine oil. Pull the dipstick plug and suck all the fluid out. Replace. It's that easy. For the engine filter use a large zip lock bag to cover up filter as you remove. It'll catch most if not all the oil spill and no mess in the bilge area.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet