Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    I doubt you will need to upgrade the alternator. Additional battery Ah will be dependent upon how long you want play while at anchor.
    If I did add another would I do 2 for stereo and 1 for boat or vice versa?

Yes, 1 for main cranking and 2 in parallel for the house/stereo bank.

Yes, 1 for main cranking and 2 in parallel for the house/stereo bank.
    Thanks Mike, would it be best to have 3 matching batteries? Or the stereo be s little heavier duty?

When wiring 2 batteries together, they become 1. Ideally, you would want them both to be the same size, type and age. If this is a new boat, then I would not hesitate to just wire in that 2nd house battery to the existing hose battery. If the boat happens to come with 2 cranking batteries, which is very common for an OEM setup, then I would swap the cranking on the house side, for 2 deep-cycles.

Here's a video showing the new Q series amps TWEEQ system.

http://www.kicker.com/tweeq

The L7 may be available as early as Feb.

DSP is no joke. I have it in my RV for radically improved sound quality for those long drives. All future cars and trucks of mine will be DSP equipped.
    DSP may be used very differently in an open boat versus a closed vehicle cabin. However, DSP can be just as valuable in a boat as in a vehicle. Imagine phase correction on multi-pair tower speakers that are staggered on a forward leaning tower or staggered mounting on front and rear tower tubes. Or, DSP can correct the phase between the tower speakers and subwoofer at a focal point just behind the transom.
    Earmark Marine and Earmark Car Audio does a ton of DSP. And Wetsounds added DSP to their newest demo boat.
    The one cautionary note is that there are many, many complexities related to phase correction other than the distance differential between drivers alone. And there is much more to equalization beyond simply creating a ruler flat response. It's still a job best left to the pros. But there is no doubt that DSP is a game changer.

I definitely like that wattage to the tower.

The KM400.4 is going to deliver 50W rms to each of the 4 main cabins. It will easily drive the bow pair as well, with the same wattage. This would get you down to 4 amps, unless there was a reason you wanted to drive the bow pair with 100W to each?

Now, this brings me to another thought. With a 1200W 12" sub, 50W to your in-boats may not be enough to balance the bass. if you can stick with 5 amps, do dual 400.2's. This would be 100W rms to all 6 in-boats and you can even add a 4th pair if you like.

Yes, I do believe the 15's are now coming with the new KM654
    Hey Mike,
    So if the boat comes with (4) 4ohm speakers then I would wire each side in parallel to represent a 2ohm load at the amp? That way all 4 speakers are 100watts each? The 2 bow speakers would be 4ohm as well but just those pair off the other 400.2 amp to show a 4ohm load at 100watts each right?

I think to keep it to (4) amps I'm thinking of doing (2) 800.5s for the tower & do (2) KM10s under the dash & have an extra sub channel for future? The KM8s would still be getting 200watts each right?
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Yes, the KXM400.2 would deliver 100W rms x 2 @ 4 ohm, so 100W to each speaker with one pair. 200W rms x 2 @ 2 ohm when a pair is wired in parallel to each chnl. They split the 200 and net 100W.

Two KXM800.4 would drive 2 pair of the KM8 @ 200W rms each when bridged into 3 chnl mode.

In another thread you said this...

Using a 5 or 6 chnl amp in 3 chnl mode has all chnls driving a 2 ohm load. Thats a lot to ask of most amp. Using dedicated amp allows each to be driven at a more comfortable pace, each by their own power supply.
    Would the two Kicker 800.5 be ok to handle the power of four KM8s & four KM10s?
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Quote Originally Posted by BrettLee3232 View Post
    In another thread you said this...

Would the two Kicker 800.5 be ok to handle the power of four KM8s & four KM10s?
    Ive done it on a number of our Kicker Promo boats, like the one you saw, because I know how the system will be used. Its a lot to ask of any typical amp, but I have confidence in the Kicker product. As the design takes shape Phil White, Kicker's marine guy, is part of the planning.

With proper install practices, good tuning and battery voltage management, I do not foresee an issue in your plan.