Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I just purchased a Mobius LSV

Hello Everyone,

I just purchased a New Mobius LSV and Love it. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a big difference between the base 310 hp motor and the 340 upgrade? Also, does anyone know if there are parts I can buy to increase the HP of the engine to 340 or more? I wish the boat was a little faster...

Thanks everyone!

Default Replying to Topic 'I just purchased a Mobius LSV'

I have heard of some people turning a 350 into a 383 stroker. I believe that bumps the HP up to 375 - 400 if you cam it and all.
    B
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

Search fuel injection or EFI MPI etc. here 310 is 325 FI. Then search Carbs.

Get the EFI 325, better fuel economy.

FI is about #1 in bosting resale value.
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth

I've got to agree with sd2.

Go with the 325 hp. It will be plenty. I have it and love it.

The efi is so much nicer to have than the carb plus the resale will be better along with gallons per hour.

Db

Ditto on all above - the 325 is excellent and not much diff between that and the 340 - but a big diff between it and the carbed 310. I think the 310 is cool for all the outback base mods, the 325 for the 4 in the LS series, and the 340 (or better *wink*) for the big ol' X series.

Welcome to the family though! Enjoy!

-Joe

Ditto here too. Fuel injection will boost low-end response.

When you say "I wish the boat was a little faster", are you talking about acceleration, or top speed? Replace the word "boat" with "tow-truck" or "tractor", and you'll see why no one with a towboat cares much about top speed.

I have a 2005 XLV with the 340 MPI. As far as I can tell, the difference between it and the 325 MPI is an extra 400 RPM, giving a slightly higher top speed. However, that extra 400 RPM involves more intake ports open, sucking down a LOT more fuel. The hull simply isn't designed to go fast; it is designed to dig a long trench below 30 MPH.

Ian

Ditto here too. Fuel injection will boost low-end response.

When you say "I wish the boat was a little faster", are you talking about acceleration, or top speed? Replace the word "boat" with "tow-truck" or "tractor", and you'll see why no one with a towboat cares much about top speed.

I have a 2005 XLV with the 340 MPI. As far as I can tell, the difference between it and the 325 MPI is an extra 400 RPM, giving a slightly higher top speed. However, that extra 400 RPM involves more intake ports opening, sucking down a LOT more fuel. The hull simply isn't designed to go fast; it is designed to dig a long trench below 30 MPH.

Ian
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

Cubic dollars makes everything faster.

In the 2006 you dont need the 340 because the 325 is now EFI witch is plenty of power to run the boat with any amount of weight, but if you want to make it bigger badder and fast its your gas money not mine so knock your self out with making it a 383 stroker. My buddy did that with his camero, and it was a big improvement

So the bottom line is how much money you want to put into it, or what improvements (minimal or hog wild) you are actually wanting to do.
    Mine is the 310 hp carb'd roller motor. I could maybe see the diff 30 more hp would make, but the 15 hp, as far as raw power goes, not so much.
    If I keep the boat long enough to go through a re-power, I'll prolly build a stroker (gas prices permitting). For now, she's still fairly new, and the only thing on my mind is not repowering, but getting more toys for it.
    B
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!