Default Help with DVC sub

I have a pair of Polk DB dual voice coil subs I picked up cheap but when I went to hook them up they did not work at all. So I broke out the DMM and I am reading 4 ohms on one voice coil and open circuit on the other does that mean I have a bad voice coil?
    2008 Outback<-----SOLD
    2009 Mobius LSV

What models do you have specifically? If you are wiring them together on a single amp, they need to be the same. With 2 DVC subs, you have 4 voice coils that should all be the same nominal impedance. If 3 are the same, and 1 is OL, then yes, you have an issue.

They are the DB1240DVC I'm assuming one cool is bad on each sub b/c unhooked from the amp or any jumpers only one coil showed 4ohms
    2008 Outback<-----SOLD
    2009 Mobius LSV

You can run dual voice coils in series, parallel or with separate amplifier channels. And you can run them in series or parallel with other identical woofers. There are many acceptable configurations in order to ideally load the amplifier. However, with any DVC woofer you MUST use both coils. So if one coil is truly 'open' then the other coil will typically fail prematurely, not to mention that the performance will be awful in the meantime.

Yes, each coil should measure 4 ohm, give or take a couple tenths. If not, the woofer's coil(s) is open. Like David stated, not usable in this case. If all 4 coils are good, you can have either a 1 ohm load or 4 ohm load at the amp.