Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I wish it was that simple! But since I don't have a slip on the water, they literally pull out a tape measure every time you use their only launch location.

Default Moomba XLV Folding Swim Platform

Could you build a small teak swim platform that would keep you under 24'?

That is my other thought, stock brackets are 15" so it would need some modification and I haven't actually pulled a tape to see how many inches I have to play with. But Moomba archive show 23' w/o platform and 25' with so 1' might be enough to make a functional platform out of teak or HDPE. I'm not too worried, I know I'll figure out a way to make it work and get out on the lake, especially with everyone's help on here!

What if you make a 2' long platform but make it where it folds in half. that would make it under the max length then when you get on the water unfold it to make it bigger.

Default Re: Moomba XLV Folding Swim Platform

Better yet, trade your xlv for my more lake appropriate 22 LSV, 24 with platform..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I think folding in half would work well too, will just have to see how it all mocks up in the spring!

I was actually looking for a LSV but I found a XLV that I fell in love with and will be great for the family.
    Boat-2004 Moomba XLV Gravity Games-owned since 11-2014
    Tow Vehicle-2011 Silverado crew cab Z71

Quote Originally Posted by ISUclonesrule View Post
    I think I'll start with a piece of HDPE like trayson did and start mocking up hinges and configurations.
    I'm flattered.

That said, I'd look for heavy duty stainless hinges. If you did it right, you could put the hinge so that when the platform it's in the down position, that it's "closed" and there's nothing required to keep it in place (other than something to keep it from bouncing up when gravity isn't enough to keep it in place).

As far as "locking" in the up position, you could most certainly make it so that when the platform is vertical, that it latches onto the rear transom tie down loops...

Maybe something like this:
    http://www.barefrigeration.com/Produ...P0UaAoYV8P8HAQ

or this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HEAVY-DUTY-S...3D150590951651

I think the key words are "stainless heavy duty strap hinge"
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com