Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sivs1 View Post
    To add a signature go to My Profile on top of the page and then click About Me.

We thought the size of the LSV was overkill, but it is so nice to have storage space and those times when you do have 8 people with you you're not all sitting on gear. Another option is the Mondo. I grew up with MC and a buddy in town has a X9 DD, big time skier, he's skied behind my LSV and likes it, it's nothing like his DD but for a V-drive the LSV in my opinion is a versatile option.

Are you a Buckeye? We own a house in Blacklick and are OSU Alum. What lake do you plan on going to most?
    Thanks for info...but I can't find it....upon reading below it appears I can't make one until I'm established here. We are Buckeyes, nice to know some others are as well! We live in Bexley so not far from you either. We are Scioto Boat Club members so go there quite a bit and then Alum Creek as well. Once a year we do a houseboat trip down at Lake Cumberland for a week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by mikenehrkorn View Post
    We've had our '13 OBV for a couple of seasons now and just love it. For your crew size you would have plenty of room in the OBV. IMO, it allows for ALL the fun activities (i.e. skiing, surfing, wakeboarding, tubing, etc. etc.) the best of any boat in the Moomba line, but it's certainly not the best at any one of those things. I guess you could say that it's the "jack of all trades". But if you see yourself going more in the wakeboarding and/or surfing direction exclusively in the future some of the bigger models may be the better choice. If so and you are willing to spend a bit more $$$$, the Mondo and LSV may be better options due to their larger size and slightly better surf wake.

Good luck with the search and you really can't go wrong with any boat in the Moomba line!!
    Thanks for the real input, I hear ya on bigger is better. It's a fine line I'm trying to figure what we want.

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    having had a 20ft supra ssv(bro to the obv), I'd say go lsv if it'll fit the lake/garage requirements.
    obv is a great boat but the extra size/freeboard of a tad bigger boat means you might not "grow out of it" as quick. had I started with lsv, probably still have it.
    Good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    No sig allowed until you have a few more posts under your belt.

Nice screen name BTW. These guys will be more than happy to help you spend every penny you have and then some...
    Haha thanks, anytime I meet someone from a forum and they ask what my name is it's nice and easy, don't even have to explain it. And thanks for pointing that out...I figured it was just me being an idiot! haha. And I can already see that happening, trust me I need little motivation to spend anything and everything on boating gear.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick232 View Post
    Matt, I you want to check out our Mondo its at my office in Grove City. We boat on Griggs, Deer Creek, and Buckeye when boats in Ohio. Most hours come from being at Norris Lake, TN. There should be plenty of LSV model in your range along with a few Mojo now that they are out. Our Mondo is the shortest boat we have owned in the past 12 years, but feels larger than the 06 LSV we had due to depth of the cockpit.
    I'd love to check out the Mondo and Grove City is pretty close. We go to Griggs and Alum mostly. Haven't been to Norris but heard good things. We've been going to Lake Cumberland for 25 years and I love it. Would love to check out Norris Lake sometime as well. I'll PM you my # and you let me know what works for you.
    Last edited by That Guy; 12-26-2014 at 03:16 PM.

My wife and I are planning on going to either the Cleveland or Cincinnati Boat shows next month, probably get a hotel and make a weekend out of it. Has anyone bought a boat from a show? Can you get a good deal? Do you take the boat with you right then and there? We probably won't pull the trigger that day, but I'm just curious as if the numbers work I could probably be convinced and don't want to look like a deer in headlights, lol.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

Default Looking for 1st boat...any suggestions/regrets/things you'd do differently?

I grew up in Westerville and my wife grew up in Dublin. Met at Miami University and now call the suburbs of Atlanta home. I'm a crazed lunatics most Saturdays during the college football season. So, O - H - . . .

Best deals of the year are at the boat show. I'd recommend Cincy over Cleveland. I'm not even sure that there will be a Skiers Choice dealer at the Cleveland show. Check the SC website blog to be sure.

Put a deposit on a boat at the show. It should be 100% refundable. It locks in the incentives and pricing. Take some time to review the boat, options and colors you want. Check to see what spray dates your dealer has locked in and get your deal done before that date. Some dealers make better deals on inventory boats, but they may not be equipped exactly as you want.

Matt they will work on numbers at the show and plan a day at the dealership to work on the colors and final options. Jeff at Sea Ray of Cincinnati was who we bought ours from, along with help from Drew at Premier in Knoxville. It came down to my wife deciding that if it needed service it was easier to drop off in Cincy than Knoxville. I seen your pm and will call you Sunday

Going to meet up with Jeff tomorrow to crunch some numbers and look at the boats in person. So far just from looking at moomba's website and building a couple different boats we're coming up with a ~$10k price difference between the OBV and Mondo...is it worth it? Can anyone PM me what kind of discounts or percentage off they received so I know if I'm getting a good deal?

Welp....met with Jeff at Sea Ray Cincinnati....great guy! He spent a couple hours with us answering MANY questions that we had and built the boat a couple different ways until we got everything we wanted, nearly $10k in options and pushing our 'comfortable' budget a bit. Not his fault at all, he was very helpful and genuine. Definitely looking forward to a Mondo, just wondering if anyone 'held off' on some of the options and added them later or if that would be more work/money than it's worth and to just suck it up and not skimp out from the get-go?

We checked out the OBV but WOW it's a huge difference. We think the Mondo is for us.

This is what we selected - First new boat so I'm torn as to if I get EVERYTHING I want or just get in the boat then figure out.

Accent color option
    Deck color option
    Bow filler cushion - do people use these enough? Do you just leave it in or does it get tossed aside?
    Sundeck walk across
    Pop-up cleats
    (2) swivel racks
    Full cover
    Bimini
    Surf Package (flow, bow bag, 650 rear bags) - Do I want autoflow? Its $1k more....
    2 tower speakers/wiring/amp
    2 bow speakers w/ amp
    Speaker box logo light
    Depth finder
    Dual battery setup
    Tandem trailer
    Spare tire/bracket
    Swing-away tongue
    Guide Pole Covers
    Transom straps

So yeah, wow that's a lot of options, do I want all of them or do I want a boat for $10k less. Decisions, decisions....

Default Looking for 1st boat...any suggestions/regrets/things you'd do differently?

Sorry, but I think you're going to want all of those, plus a heater would be nice. Autoflow should be a free boat show show option as well as some of June others you selected there. Search the forum/website for a list of what's available this season.

You could likely save a few $ (and perhaps get something better) by ordering your transom straps separate (I got Boat Buckle for cheaper than the Moomba supplied ones). Also, I ordered some generic pole covers and added a spare on my own later. I don't have the filler cushion in my Mojo... although I've never had one to know what I'm "missing."

These are all small items in the big scheme of things and you certainly can't put a price on memories! You might be able to work out some deals on dealer prep pricing and work in some service items (winterize, 25hr server, etc.) and accessories to help sweeten the deal. Maybe even a tank of gas :P

Good luck!
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Sorry, but I think you're going to want all of those, plus a heater would be nice. Autoflow should be a free boat show show option as well as some of June others you selected there. Search the forum/website for a list of what's available this season.
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. No need for the heater, haven't had one for the past 20 years don't see a point to start now. Autoflow is free or it's just $2k in options/$2k off price, so we have factored that in there I just am not sure if I want autoflow or manual flow. From what the dealer is telling me you have more control of the wave and can make it longer w/ the manual via different settings vs what the autoflow will allow you. I will search to see if there are any other incentives.

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    You could likely save a few $ (and perhaps get something better) by ordering your transom straps separate (I got Boat Buckle for cheaper than the Moomba supplied ones). Also, I ordered some generic pole covers and added a spare on my own later. I don't have the filler cushion in my Mojo... although I've never had one to know what I'm "missing."

These are all small items in the big scheme of things and you certainly can't put a price on memories! You might be able to work out some deals on dealer prep pricing and work in some service items (winterize, 25hr server, etc.) and accessories to help sweeten the deal. Maybe even a tank of gas :P

Good luck!
    Thanks! I did feel the spare wheel/tire/mount was overpriced but when adding up the cost of each separately, and that they wouldn't match and my time it just wasn't worth not getting it.

I will look into the Boat Buckle....thanks for the info. And I was thinking about not getting the pole covers but didn't know if I could do any better for $50. Will check into.

The bow filler cushion I'm on the fence about, we've never had a boat with one but have a young kid and think it would make it more enjoyable for her to be able to sit/lay/crawl around up there with no issue. At the end of the day very minimal cost on a $70k boat, lol.

I will look into seeing what items the dealer specific can throw in/offer, and a full tank isn't always included like a car? LOL I didn't even know.

Another question I thought about was has anyone had luck with touring the factory and/or picking up their boat once ready down there? I think it would make for a cool trip and could potentially save me a couple thousand at the same time. The freight charge is $1750 and the shipping wrap is $280. That's $2030 for them to ship it 275 miles from the factory to my dealer. I think I'd spend less on a weekend trip down there with gas/hotel/food and would have the memories from it as well. Anyone have input?

Depends on if you can (or know someone local that can help) do your own audio system. Alot of the times you can do the same system or have the dealer do it for less than factory option. I personally would look at autoflow and possibly heater and do the stereo aftermarket and buy what you want!
    Bow filler cushion is a small item so flip a coin. You can always add it later if you want but small cost so adding it now won't effect much. I personally like it but I have kids that spend alot of time in bow.
    I don't like the sundeck walk over option but we use our sundeck alot. Wife loves to lay on the back and sun. Just have a "no shoes" policy and problem solved.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet