Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by sivs1 View Post
    To add a signature go to My Profile on top of the page and then click About Me.

We thought the size of the LSV was overkill, but it is so nice to have storage space and those times when you do have 8 people with you you're not all sitting on gear. Another option is the Mondo. I grew up with MC and a buddy in town has a X9 DD, big time skier, he's skied behind my LSV and likes it, it's nothing like his DD but for a V-drive the LSV in my opinion is a versatile option.

Are you a Buckeye? We own a house in Blacklick and are OSU Alum. What lake do you plan on going to most?
    Thanks for info...but I can't find it....upon reading below it appears I can't make one until I'm established here. We are Buckeyes, nice to know some others are as well! We live in Bexley so not far from you either. We are Scioto Boat Club members so go there quite a bit and then Alum Creek as well. Once a year we do a houseboat trip down at Lake Cumberland for a week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by mikenehrkorn View Post
    We've had our '13 OBV for a couple of seasons now and just love it. For your crew size you would have plenty of room in the OBV. IMO, it allows for ALL the fun activities (i.e. skiing, surfing, wakeboarding, tubing, etc. etc.) the best of any boat in the Moomba line, but it's certainly not the best at any one of those things. I guess you could say that it's the "jack of all trades". But if you see yourself going more in the wakeboarding and/or surfing direction exclusively in the future some of the bigger models may be the better choice. If so and you are willing to spend a bit more $$$$, the Mondo and LSV may be better options due to their larger size and slightly better surf wake.

Good luck with the search and you really can't go wrong with any boat in the Moomba line!!
    Thanks for the real input, I hear ya on bigger is better. It's a fine line I'm trying to figure what we want.

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    having had a 20ft supra ssv(bro to the obv), I'd say go lsv if it'll fit the lake/garage requirements.
    obv is a great boat but the extra size/freeboard of a tad bigger boat means you might not "grow out of it" as quick. had I started with lsv, probably still have it.
    Good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    No sig allowed until you have a few more posts under your belt.

Nice screen name BTW. These guys will be more than happy to help you spend every penny you have and then some...
    Haha thanks, anytime I meet someone from a forum and they ask what my name is it's nice and easy, don't even have to explain it. And thanks for pointing that out...I figured it was just me being an idiot! haha. And I can already see that happening, trust me I need little motivation to spend anything and everything on boating gear.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick232 View Post
    Matt, I you want to check out our Mondo its at my office in Grove City. We boat on Griggs, Deer Creek, and Buckeye when boats in Ohio. Most hours come from being at Norris Lake, TN. There should be plenty of LSV model in your range along with a few Mojo now that they are out. Our Mondo is the shortest boat we have owned in the past 12 years, but feels larger than the 06 LSV we had due to depth of the cockpit.
    I'd love to check out the Mondo and Grove City is pretty close. We go to Griggs and Alum mostly. Haven't been to Norris but heard good things. We've been going to Lake Cumberland for 25 years and I love it. Would love to check out Norris Lake sometime as well. I'll PM you my # and you let me know what works for you.
    Last edited by That Guy; 12-26-2014 at 03:16 PM.